I've being using a BB Bold for 2 months (my first BB), and yesterday I noticed that old appointments in Calendar are disappearing.
    Calendar is already set to "Keep Appointments: Forever".
    I'm using Google Sync but its not selected to sync Calendar, just Contacts. I'm also using Pocket Informant, but I didn't find any option to delete/keep appointments.
    Could it be happening at BlackBerry Desktop sync to Outlook? Is there any option there for keeping/deleting appointments?

Regards,
    Ricardo
    03-31-09 12:26 PM
    Sounds like you are low on free memory. Try a battery pull and the steps outlined in this thread....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...e-memory-34633
    03-31-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks, pkcable for the quick response.

Actually I'd like to understand what makes BB to delete Calendar entries.
    It seems to me that applications installed, applications running and applications data (like calendar entries, contacts and messages) occupies the same "memory space". What "memory space" is this? Is it correct? Does someone can give me more detailed informatino on this subject?

I'm running QuickLaunch and it gives me informatino about the device, and it shows me a "Memory Free" value. When I reset my BB it starts with about 26MB free and gradually goes down as I use it. It becomes stable in about 8MB unless I open many applications, when it may comes to less than 3MB.

I've just deleted about 6 not used themes, moved 50MB of sample videos do memory card, and reseted BB. QuickLaunch sowed me the same ~26MB free at restart.

Another question is: what are the "rules" for deletions? How much is the reserved memory space for BB work ("RAM")? What are the limits to start deletion of calendar entries and messages?

Regards
    Ricardo
    04-10-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD