I am planning to buy a used blackberry and I was wondering if there were any things i should look out for before making the purchase.

It's my first blackberry so any tips are helpful.

How do i make sure the phone is legit and that there is nothing majorly wrong with it?
    04-27-09 06:42 AM
    You can start by asking the seller what the phone's IMEI/ESN number(s) are and the current/last carrier the phone was registered through. Call that carrier with the above information and make sure the phone is not locked. If a phone is stolen these numbers will show up as locked through the carrier.

I am sure others here will also have some good info. Just remember... Buyer Beware! Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 07:01 AM
    I was going to buy a used 8330 for Sprint but decided against it as they wanted more for the used than I paid for my new (after rebate was only $99 and most of the ones I found on craigslist etc. were $200+) and I also weighed the fact that by me purchasing a new one I had to renew my contract nut that was fine with me, I like my service at Sprint.

Anyway, check the ESN out for sure as Kangaruex said above and good luck!
    04-27-09 07:05 AM
    I got one for Verizon! good condition a little scratched here and there, Curve for Verizon.
    04-27-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD