Hello,

Great site, thanks!
    I am very interested in buying a new Blackberry since I lost my previous one. I have been looking at the 8320 and 8120 because of price and wi-fi. My question is, at ebay many of the sellers state that the phone is "new, never opened" and unlocked. Does this certify that I will be able to use bb email and messenger with a data plan? I am not interested to buy a phone through any carrier since I travel a lot and I prefer to have different SIM cards.
    I would appreciate any help I can get with buying a new unlocked blackberry.
    05-17-09 02:32 PM
    Both 8310 and 8320 use SIM cards and are locked to one carrier. Most of the ones being offered are already unlocked.

A new device that has never been activated is your safest choice. If it has been used, you need to get the IMEI number and call the carriers customer support to verify the device is not reported lost or stolen.

05-17-09 04:17 PM
    Thank you!
    05-21-09 07:24 PM
    I just bought a used BlackBerry Bold that was already unlocked. The PIN was good and everything, so BB Messenger and everything worked great. I did the same with a Curve 8320.

Best of luck to you
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD