H,
    I am buying a Torch in about an hour and the guy told me the phone comes in a white box only with charger and usb cable
    no manuals and cd's said it was provided to him by the IT department at his work

Should i be scared lol?

any tips on how to check if it is one?

thanks in advance
    latas alligatas

Wass
    11-16-10 06:54 PM
    Sounds like it could be a refurb, but why worry about it. They have all been tested are from what i hear are better than than the first build.
    11-16-10 06:58 PM
    I would not worry that it is a refurb. Those are solid.

What I would be worried about is the condition of a phone that was handle by
    someone who did not have to pay for it and therefore didn't take care of it as well
    as if they had.

Also, if it is from his IT department make sure to ask him if they removed any
    IT Policy that may have put on by their BES Admin.
    11-16-10 07:15 PM
    If you really want to know, you can try this:

Options > About > scroll to the bottom and Refurbished: N (no) and Y (yes, obviously lol)
    11-16-10 07:58 PM
    If you really want to know, you can try this:

Options > About > scroll to the bottom and Refurbished: N (no) and Y (yes, obviously lol)
    Not on the Torch. There is no Options->About. I've looked in a few places and don't see anything with Refurbished.
    11-16-10 08:03 PM
    Not on the Torch. There is no Options->About. I've looked in a few places and don't see anything with Refurbished.
    That's why I said "try."
    11-16-10 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD