• Yes

39 31.20%
  • No

86 68.80%
    No.
    Money can be better spent.
    Like $7 for 500 Mentos
    03-11-09 12:04 AM
    No because there are so many free ones out there..
    03-11-09 12:17 AM
    Plus.. whats wrong with the default theme...?
    03-11-09 12:25 AM
    Nope cuz there's a lot of really nice ones for free, like the transformers theme and gears of war theme I found here on the site, although I'll pay if I really want a theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 03:14 AM
    The right theme can be a bargain at $7. If it changes the way you work and makes using your BB easier or makes you more productive then it's like buying a piece of software. I wouldn't load up on a ton of paid themes, but the right one? Definitely.
    03-11-09 05:39 AM
    I could never understand paying for themes when there are so many quality
    ones out there for free. What say you all?
    I say no. **** no even. As you pointed out, there are way too many free, great themes out there. Why pay money for a theme that may turn out to be crap.

03-11-09 05:43 AM
    Nope, it was $7.00.
    7. Ouch. I could not do it.

03-11-09 05:44 AM
    it all depends on the theme. I mean there are some awesome themes out there for free and pay. I bought the iberry3G for my Storm for $6.99 i was hesitant at first because $6.99 is a lot for a theme but its such an awesome theme. I like it I use that theme more than the free mac theme. Just depends I probably wont pay for another theme though with all the free ones out there now.
    03-11-09 06:07 AM
    I purchased the Streamline theme for the 8900. No regrets, its awesome. A monetary tribute to the creator of such fine handiwork!
    03-11-09 07:21 AM
    I would never buy themes however, I did buy the 8900 theme for my curve and never regreted it. Its all I use. Every other theme I get is 100% free! Won't pay for another again...
    03-11-09 07:35 AM
    I'm a wicked cheapskate!
    03-11-09 08:45 AM
    I just donated last week to get a fully custom theme that I like a lot. To each his own I guess....
    03-11-09 11:57 AM
    I have yet to buy a theme, because I've been able to find excellent free ones. That being said, if I ever found a "can't live without" theme that wasn't free. I may drop a few bucks to download it.
    03-11-09 12:39 PM
    I have yet to buy a theme, because I've been able to find excellent free ones. That being said, if I ever found a "can't live without" theme that wasn't free. I may drop a few bucks to download it.
    I have yet to find a theme like that, but you never know. It could happen.
    03-11-09 12:46 PM
    i just bought jcdesigns today hidden theme and its my first time paying for a theme. i thought i nvr would but i must say it was worth every penny! like others have said there are plenty of nice free themes but they are called premium themes for a reason!
    03-11-09 01:03 PM
    They way I see it with phone charges and accessories (etc) If I can't find it for free It's not for me to have. Seriously though, I think I'm only going to purchase one theme and after that I wont ever do it again.
    03-11-09 02:20 PM
    I cannot seem to find justification for paying up to $10 for a theme when there are so many available for FREE. Maybe someday, one will really blow my mind, but until then...
    03-11-09 03:09 PM
    I have yet to see any themes worth paying for, but if I find any good ones I will. What themes have you guys paid for?
    AppleBerry Glass (WB)
    I donated and got put on Hastings mailing list and now every update he creates he send to us for free
    Last edited by BBartist; 03-11-09 at 04:41 PM.
    03-11-09 04:38 PM
    Newbie here...can someone give me a link for free storm themes? I only have one...
    03-11-09 06:42 PM
    I have bought a few themes in the past. I have found that most of them have issues I can't deal with. I will have to make my own. For now I use a few of the original carrier themes and change the background. As you can see from the posts here many users have issues with themes they purchase. Can't spend the "micropayments" anymore.
    03-11-09 07:38 PM
    I cannot seem to find justification for paying up to $10 for a theme when there are so many available for FREE. Maybe someday, one will really blow my mind, but until then...
    I am with you on that. Too much money for a theme. I just cannot do it.
    03-11-09 07:41 PM
    I have before but will not again. It's a waste of money. It's just a theme. $7 can be used for better and more important things.
    03-11-09 07:42 PM
    I havent and wont buy a theme. Going to learn how to make my own and put up for free on the site with donations. It seems like most folks will donate a buck or two if its worth the download. There are a some good themes here and if you ever have any problems the person who made them are quick to give you a fix or update the theme. That is probably the best "customer service" you will recieve, paid theme or not. So, yea I intend to stay with free ones and donate. Keep up the great themes guys!
    03-11-09 07:44 PM
    I am with you on that. Too much money for a theme. I just cannot do it.
    That is precisely where I am. For some themes I can buy 2 good apps. I would
    have no issue with making a donation to a developer however. I wish one or two
    of them had a button to do so.
    03-11-09 07:45 PM
    I've never been a theme degenerate. Some nice themes don't get me wrong. And I think the developers do EXCELLENT work. But I like to stick to one simple theme and wallpaper. On my Bold I'm still using the preloaded "Precision Zen" theme. Even on my old Curve all I ever used was the "Zen Dimension."
    03-11-09 08:13 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD