Yes, I am going to do it this time.

Even though I consider myself a BlackBerry diehard fan, and in love with BlackBerry now more than ever, I have never purchased a BlackBerry on the day of launch. In fact, I have never done it with any carrier.

This time, however, when I read "BlackBerry sold xx,xxx on the day of launch of Q10" I want to feel that I was part of this number so I will head down to Koodo [cheaper TELUS] and stand inline and buy the phone full price [yeah, can't upgrade now].

I hope a lot of other people will join! I really cannot wait!!!
    03-08-13 12:18 PM
    We don't even know what day the Z10 will come out, how can we be sure we will get the Q10 on launch? What is really awkward, is that there will be future BB's in the next few months. And we have no clue what their specs will be....will it be a curve type, or a slider, clam shell, or Phablet size?

Also, we have to realize that the physical keyboard is coming to an end. In 2 years, there will probably not be a high end keyboard device, this seems to be how evolution is going.
    03-08-13 12:32 PM
    We don't even know what day the Z10 will come out, how can we be sure we will get the Q10 on launch? What is really awkward, is that there will be future BB's in the next few months. And we have no clue what their specs will be....will it be a curve type, or a slider, clam shell, or Phablet size?

Also, we have to realize that the physical keyboard is coming to an end. In 2 years, there will probably not be a high end keyboard device, this seems to be how evolution is going.
    Nailed it in one.
    We can call it there.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:33 PM
    I was initially inclined to getting the Q10. However, after seeing and holding the Z10 on launch day... i had to have it! I'm very pleased and impressed with BBRY with regards to my Z10 and i couldn't be happier --> would do it all over again if i had to. That being said, when the Q10 does come out (whenever that is) I definitely want one in white. It will be my first white BB.
    03-08-13 12:35 PM

I am not sure if any of what you said was relevant to my post. Whether Z10 is out or not, whether we do get Q10 on launch or not, or whether BlackBerry is creating curves, phablets, or whatever it is... The point is exclusively for those picking the Q10 whenever it becomes available irrespective of all those irrelevant speculations of yours.
    Masahiro and hpjrt like this.
    03-08-13 03:28 PM
    I have never bought a new phone on release wither. Considering 2 Q10's on release, one for me and my lovely wife. So I get your statement. Good luck on your venture!
    03-08-13 07:39 PM
    I was SET on a Q10, but man, BlackBerry NAILED it with the Z10's keyboard. So much faster than my 9900.
    03-08-13 08:24 PM

The OP lives in Canada so the Z10 is already out here. He listed Koodo and they are already selling the Z10. Most carries here have already confirmed or have pre order pages up for the Q10 as well. I also disagree on the qwerty devices going away in 2 years at least not with BBRY I believe as long as they are in business they will always release a high end qwerty device.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:35 PM
    I was SET on a Q10, but man, BlackBerry NAILED it with the Z10's keyboard. So much faster than my 9900.
    I couldn't agree more!
    I also don't see the qwerty gone in 2 years. I think as long as there is a business market for it, it will be there. As much as the Z10 has an awsome and user friendly keyboard there will always be a niche for BlackBerry physical keyboard as long as they make them.

CB10 App, Z10
    03-08-13 08:50 PM
    QWERTY is not going anywhere for a while. Software and hardware keyboards cater to completely different demographics.
    03-08-13 09:19 PM
    Dont agree at all. If the Q10 is a success then you can bet Samsung and others will get on the bandwagon. If manufacturers put decent features on QWERTy keyboard handsets they will sell. Put me down for a Pre-Order Q10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 10:53 PM
    I'm definitely buying the Q10 on day one of its release on Verizon. I'm most satisfied with this type of device.
    jinxednuance likes this.
    03-08-13 10:55 PM
    If the Q10 is the last high-end QWERTY smart phone, then I will own the last QWERTY smartphone because it better fits my needs! Firstly, I have big hands and big fingers. Secondly, while I am not really a business user, I do want a phone where I can pound out emails quickly. I also like the idea of being able to use social-media easily, and I think a QWERTY board is ideal for social-media.
    03-09-13 01:37 AM
    If the Q10 is the last high-end QWERTY smart phone, then I will own the last QWERTY smartphone because it better fits my needs!
    Amen to that. Let's hope we never have to go through this!
    03-10-13 12:14 PM
    I got 2 dev alpha c's coming. Ill take photos for you when they arrive .

via Tapatalk
    03-10-13 01:45 PM
    I got 2 dev alpha c's coming. Ill take photos for you when they arrive .

via Tapatalk
    You don't really need 2, do you????? (hint, hint)
    03-10-13 02:45 PM
    Lol!! I want 1,000's of em so I can build them into a giant transformer car.

via Tapatalk
    03-10-13 06:20 PM
    I would love nothing more than to buy a Q10 on the day of release. Seeing that I am not eligible for an upgrade until next year, short of winning the lottery, I will have to stick to my 9930. I will, however, visit the Q10 often in the store.
    03-10-13 08:46 PM
    My first thought was Q10 (Bold user for many moons). But I will get a Z10, and like you, it will be the only time I have ever bought any device on launch date. Add to that -- I am going to be switching carriers at the time. Goodbye Sprint and my awesome price with all sorts of perks grandfathered in since 1999; hello VZW with your sweet LTE coverage (at a price premium I'll have to get used to).

Fresh platform; fresh carrier. (It didn't have to be this way Sprint! [like anyone there is reading or cares])
    03-10-13 09:17 PM