Honorable,

I wish to buy my first blackberry. But my telecom operator insists that i have to buy blackberry exclusively in their telecom shop, in order to have BIS. Without possibility to buy used blackberry and then purchase only BIS.
    For me it is a blackmailing.
    Does RIM insists on this approach?
    How does this work with your telecom operator?

With respect
    09-22-11 07:40 AM
    RIM do not insist on anything like this. Here in the UK You don't have to buy the BlackBerry from your network, you can buy it from anywhere and just call the network and ask them to add BIS. Maybe you should consider changing network/operator?
    09-22-11 07:44 AM
    Only this operator has Blackberry in their offer, just a few models.
    Maybe in future they will change it.

Thank you
    09-22-11 07:51 AM
    Honorable,

I wish to buy my first blackberry. But my telecom operator insists that i have to buy blackberry exclusively in their telecom shop, in order to have BIS. Without possibility to buy used blackberry and then purchase only BIS.
    For me it is a blackmailing.
    Does RIM insists on this approach?
    How does this work with your telecom operator?

With respect
    IF you are on a CDMA operator, that is how they all work
    You MUST buy your CDMA device from the CDMA operator to work on their system
    if your Operator is a GSM operator you do not.

This is NOT BlackBerry Specific, this is the way the technology registers to the network
    since you have a Storm, I will assume you are a CDMA network, thus this is the requirement
    JR A likes this.
    09-22-11 07:51 AM
    I had Storm 9500 for a couple of months bought without data plan (my telecom does not support blackberry) just for testing. But now I would like to buy it at different telecom with BIS.
    My country's network is GSM only.
    09-22-11 08:07 AM
    You call that blackmail?

Jeez, can't wait to read your next post: "Man in yellow car attempt to kidnap me!" about how a taxidriver misheard you, and drove you to the wrong address...
    09-22-11 08:21 AM
    Well, they aren't so picky when people buying their SIM cards.
    They do not ask about their phones. And they do not make any requests that they should buy mobile and SIM from them, exclusively.
    But they insist on it when you buy a blackberry.
    Moreover, you can buy blackberry without BIS at same telecom. But you can't buy blackberry elsewhere and just purchase BIS.
    09-22-11 08:29 AM
    You call that blackmail?

Jeez, can't wait to read your next post: "Man in yellow car attempt to kidnap me!" about how a taxidriver misheard you, and drove you to the wrong address...
    lol...............
    09-22-11 09:28 AM
    Switch carriers and then, the problem is solved. RIM isn't involved with this, the carriers are, so that is that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 02:26 PM
    Switch carriers and then, the problem is solved. RIM isn't involved with this, the carriers are, so that is that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you.
    Prblem with my carrier is that they always says that they signed such contract with blackberry representative. We are a small market and usualy they are monopolists. For them it is bussines as usual and for me is a blackmail. For sure I can afford to myself to buy blackberry at their store. But I will rather prefer to buy just servce as BIS is. But when you are negotiating with them is alway good to say that abroad RIM does not insists on selling BIS exclusively with blackberry device.

With respect
    09-22-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD