I am very faithful to blackberry. Had z10 for a long time (prior to that several curves and pearl). Currently awaiting for a new slab phone from blackberry but doesn't look like it is coming anytime soon.

So the reality hits me and I need to start looking for a suitable replacement as my z10 is not getting any younger.

Saw a cheap phone in a shop (Vodafone smart ultra -only 125 gbp) and played around with it just to get an idea of what to expect. It was vanilla lollipop.

It was depressing looking at that phone. I was so used to the power and efficiency of bb10 and lollipop certainly is different and looks more inefficient. Additionally that phone was plastic and felt cheap and I only then I started to appreciate the built quality of my z10.

I then saw a Samsung galaxy note 4 (but didn't play around with it) and when handling that phone , the quality felt more on par / superior with my z10 - but it's extremely expensive

Can anyone recommend a good android phone suitable as a step up for z10 users? Is vanilla lollipop the way forward for us z10 users? What do you guys recommend?

Posted via CB10
    jhimmel likes this.
    10-12-15 05:21 PM
    Go to android central for the answer, this is not an android site. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    raino and hplovecraft like this.
    10-12-15 05:37 PM
    Or..wait for the BlackBerry Priv! Should come out in a month or so ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:21 PM
    I have the Nexus 6. It's very nice and on sale on amazon and eBay for around $350. A steal at that price.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-15 06:28 PM
    I have a Note 4. Awesome phone. Look for a used one, a Moto X or the Nexus 6. Or, wait 6 months to a year and pick up the Priv

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 06:31 PM
    Thanks guys! Will check out those phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:13 AM
    Nexus 6 is quite cheap at the moment - can anyone shed light on the build quality? Does it feel good to handle?

The only downside is that it doesn't have a micro SD slot...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:43 AM
    Nexus 6 is quite cheap at the moment - can anyone shed light on the build quality? Does it feel good to handle?

Posted via CB10
    If you can't wait for the Priv to come out and evaluate it, I would suggest you the LG G4: you should be able to find it at a good price nowadays and has got good quality too ;-)

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-13-15 02:46 AM
    Depends what you want from a phone

If camera is your thing then LG G4
    If music then HTC One M9
    Stock experiences, either the Nexus or Moto X
    Powerful specs with decent camera Samsung S6
    Budget option Moto G
    There's plenty of options out there you need to decide what you want from your device and pick the one that suits it best.
    For me, i'm the happiest i've been with my current device(G4) as i stopped picking up devices for novelty factors and realised the one thing i did the most on my devices was take pictures.
    The G4 and the S6 are the best cameras on smartphones right now so cant go wrong there.
    I would always lean more towards stock experiences if you can
    10-13-15 04:21 AM
    When I jumped ship from blackberry in December last year I went to the Sony Xperia Z3 which is an awesome phone feels premium made out of glass not plastic, the battery lasts 2 days with reasonable use so I found it a perfect replacement from my Z30. So I in my opinion you should go for the Sony Xperia Z5

darkehawke and DarkJoker33 like this.
    10-13-15 04:28 AM
    When I jumped ship from blackberry in December last year I went to the Sony Xperia Z3 which is an awesome phone feels premium made out of glass not plastic, the battery lasts 2 days with reasonable use so I found it a perfect replacement from my Z30. So I in my opinion you should go for the Sony Xperia Z5

Yeah i knew i was forgetting something
    Sony xperias are second to none when it comes to battery performance
    10-13-15 04:34 AM
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah looking at good quality camera phone. The only off putting thing is the prices!!

Does anyone here have experience with Chinese imports?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:15 AM
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah looking at good quality camera phone. The only off putting thing is the prices!!

Does anyone here have experience with Chinese imports?

Posted via CB10
    You should try xiomi or asus (zenfone series) good phone with good price

Delivered by my Z30
    10-13-15 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nexus 6 is a big phone with a slippery back. Other than the slipperiness its very good.
    10-13-15 10:57 AM
    Priv will be out in under a month, I would wait.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:02 AM
    Go to android central for the answer, this is not an android site. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    This may only be true for about another month lol
    10-13-15 11:37 AM
    There is already an android section.
    10-13-15 11:40 AM
    OP, if you want something of a similar size, you're pretty much only looking at the Sony Z5 Compact.

Snapdragon 810, 23MP camera, 4.6" screen, SD card, 2GB ram, 32GB storage, blah, blah, blah.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    HereticHermit likes this.
    10-13-15 11:42 AM
    Can anyone recommend a good android phone suitable as a step up for z10 users? Is vanilla lollipop the way forward for us z10 users? What do you guys recommend?
    Keep in mind if you're addicted to having a Notification Light like I was, very few current Androids support one. The Moto X series has something similar though with it's "Active Display," which basically persistently "pulses" an icon on the lock screen whenever there are pending notifications for certain apps (which are customizable). I don't find it as helpful as a colored light which I can see from across the room, but at least you know something needs your attention without having to touch the phone.

The carrier-branded 2nd Generation Moto X probably won't be getting updated to Marshmallow though.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-13-15 11:57 AM
    There is already an android section.
    10-13-15 12:09 PM
    I agree, unfortunately BlackBerry 10 will be done soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:10 PM
    I agree, unfortunately BlackBerry 10 will be done soon.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't completely write it off yet. It is a vastly better OS than anything else out there.
    10-13-15 12:26 PM
    I wouldn't completely write it off yet. It is a vastly better OS than anything else out there.
    I agree, it's the best OS. But, I think they will flip to full Android soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:30 PM
    Thanks! I tried android central - but I found it too bewildering. I prefer crackberry forums! The support Is comforting - trust me I do not want to go to android!

Unfortunately bb10 is at most, maintenance mode and hopefully one day development work will pick up on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:39 PM
    Thanks! I tried android central - but I found it too bewildering. I prefer crackberry forums! The support Is comforting - trust me I do not want to go to android!

Unfortunately bb10 is at most, maintenance mode and hopefully one day development work will pick up on it.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, it's in maintenance mode. I am making back up plans too! I am switching to iphone when BlackBerry drops the handsets. You can look at the newly released Nexus X made by LG, it's available unlocked from the Google store at a reasonable price. It's probably the best value for a Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:49 PM
53 123