Hello crackberry users,

I'm new to this forum but I do read some of the posts beforehand.

First of all, I have iPhone 3G and Nokia E5 (not showing off). And I'm kinda bored with it so I decided to buy a new phone which is from Blackberry for sure.

But now, I'm kinda confuse. Should I just buy the Blackberry Bold 9700 or wait for the Blackberry Bold 9780 ? I know some place have the 9780 already, but for my country, which is Brunei Darussalam, waiting is kinda frustrating since it'll take a long-long time or the 9780 won't come at all.

Anyone can share their experience?

Just some info for you guys, I'm not a hardcore mobile phone gamer and not much of a camera user. I'm just a hardcore in text-messaging, web-browsing and facebook-ing.

Thanks in advance guys for any help. Appreciate it.
    11-07-10 08:03 AM
    I would go for either the 9700 or 9780 in your situation, I would though wait for the 9780.
    11-07-10 08:06 AM
    Hey,if money is not a problem,you could import a set of 9780 and then unlock it so that you can use it in Brunei?
    11-07-10 08:11 AM
    Importing the phone will make the price moreee expensive due to tax and the mobile phone will be hold for check.

Anyways; another question. Without blackberry service provided in my country, I can still use 3G connection provided by my carrier right? (GPRS) and also wifi?
    11-07-10 08:49 AM
    You will not be able to access any BlackBerry Data features without a BlackBerry Data Plan from your phone service carrier/provider.
    11-07-10 09:09 AM
    Thanks for the response Motorcycle_Mama.. What I meant is by web-browsing, facebook and youtube. Is it accessible by using my carrier's internet network?
    11-07-10 09:15 AM
    cant figure out how to start a new thread im new here. but i had the same questio, i have alltel as my carrier, not much to choose from, wondering when verizon is gonna take over, they have in the bigger cities, but not us yet. anyway the newest version of bb they have is 9650 i hav 8330 im hoping a newer model will come in around christmas, any 1 hav any inside scoop. shud i wait or go ahead and get the 9650? wud love the torch but we kno thats not ever coming to alltel, have to say tho, alltel has the cheapest rates.
    11-07-10 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the response Motorcycle_Mama.. What I meant is by web-browsing, facebook and youtube. Is it accessible by using my carrier's internet network?
    You will need a BlackBerry Data Plan in order access those features.
    11-07-10 10:16 AM
    Data should work if you were on a wifi network connection but not with 3G due to it running through BIS/BES Servers to access data.
    11-07-10 12:02 PM
    Hello crackberry users,

I'm new to this forum but I do read some of the posts beforehand.

First of all, I have iPhone 3G and Nokia E5 (not showing off). And I'm kinda bored with it so I decided to buy a new phone which is from Blackberry for sure.

But now, I'm kinda confuse. Should I just buy the Blackberry Bold 9700 or wait for the Blackberry Bold 9780 ? I know some place have the 9780 already, but for my country, which is Brunei Darussalam, waiting is kinda frustrating since it'll take a long-long time or the 9780 won't come at all.

Anyone can share their experience?

Just some info for you guys, I'm not a hardcore mobile phone gamer and not much of a camera user. I'm just a hardcore in text-messaging, web-browsing and facebook-ing.

Thanks in advance guys for any help. Appreciate it.
    You will not be able to use the BlackBerry browser or the Facebook app without a BlackBerry data plan. If your carrier does not offer BIS, it would be a waste of money to buy a BlackBerry.
    11-07-10 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD