I was wondering if anybody knows how to buy phones directly from RIM. I've heard of people doing this, I don't know whether its overstocks or what that they can purchase. If anyone has any insight let me know. Thanks
    07-25-09 01:28 AM
    If you have put together a business plan and have the financing in place, I am sure Research in Motion would be pleased to discuss a sale.

Have you tried?

Company - Contact Information - Research In Motion

Head Office
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884
    map and directions
    07-25-09 11:18 AM
    Yes I've got a business plan, it involves mostly E-bay, and some local forms of selling. Thanks for the contact information, I'll give it a shot.
    07-25-09 04:29 PM
    you may also want to consider contacting careers (AT&T, T-Mobile etc.) to buy in bulk if RIM does not want to do business with you.
    07-25-09 04:33 PM
    Yes I've got a business plan, it involves mostly E-bay, and some local forms of selling. Thanks for the contact information, I'll give it a shot.
    You do realize what you consider Bulk and What RIM would consider Bulk are 2 different things.

I would suspect that "BULK" purchases of Cellphones would be in quite a large number, being 1000's if not greater.
    The Next thing you have to consider is Carriers, What is the Carriers Policy on NON Carrier phones? IF the policy is unbranded phones are not accepted on the network, then RIM will not want to facilitate you selling phones to break the TOS of various carriers.

Good luck, as a Manufacturers rep I know if someone appoarches me about buying my product direct to bypass my distribution channel they need to show real value to my brand, so that I in turn can justify to my channels why they got set up when questioned.
    07-25-09 04:51 PM
    Most people I know dealing with "bulk" orders usually go through the carriers versus the device manufacturer. Usually, one would go through a corporate representative at the carrier to handle both device and the plan.

Being around folks where "bulk" orders would be common, everyone does have carrier logos on their devices i.e. everyone is tied to one carrier or another.
    07-25-09 06:53 PM
    Ok thanks guys, deRusett good call on the bulk, I was considering 20-50 phones at once, and they probably deal with nothing less than a 1000. Thanks everyone
    07-28-09 11:53 AM
    You can't buy bulk from RIM, no matter how many you want to order! RIM has exclusive deals with all Cell Phone carriers, sprint, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Mobinil, ect...thats the only way you can buy, just through the providers.
    08-30-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD