I'm here thinking about whether I should buy the SuperTube "pro" app, but then I'm also thinking, what if Google releases an official YouTube app soon? $2 wasted.

So, basically, any chance of official YT app coming any time soon?

AND is SuperTube "pro" better than the official YT app on Android / iOS? If it is then I'll probably buy it because if it's better then I'd rather use ST over YT anyway.

Side note: what's the best YT experience on BlackBerry 10? Don't want to buy ST and then turns out it's not the best one. -.- lol.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:49 PM
    I prefer Fast Tube. But I haven't purchased it or ST. And don't expect to ever see an official YT app.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:01 PM
    Why do you prefer FT?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:07 PM
    I enjoy a simple and clean experience. ST definitely has more features, but I find it a bit cumbersome to use. You can continue playing videos while browsing to others, but I watch VIDEOS on YT. I don't listen to music. Also, the pinch to zoom is neat, but it tends to get in the way more than anything for me.

I've found I also prefer the layout of FT over ST. ST has so much info in a small area.

ST has far more features. FT is simpler.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:14 PM
    Doubt an official youtube app will come as it requires Google services. I use FastTube as well. It's a real easy and simple app. Also has a free version, Idk about the other one.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:35 PM
    Don't worry about Google releasing a BlackBerry App, that's not gonna happen in lol. I use fast tube as well, works great.

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    08-30-14 09:11 PM
    I enjoy a simple and clean experience. ST definitely has more features, but I find it a bit cumbersome to use. You can continue playing videos while browsing to others, but I watch VIDEOS on YT. I don't listen to music. Also, the pinch to zoom is neat, but it tends to get in the way more than anything for me.

I've found I also prefer the layout of FT over ST. ST has so much info in a small area.

ST has far more features. FT is simpler.

Posted via CB10
    I also prefer FastTube,and you can also browse for more videos whilst another one plays in the background (the audio, that is) if you drag the back arrow instead of tapping it.

pin:2B7CAF06
    08-30-14 09:15 PM
    Have you tried just using the android version of YouTube? It works well.
    08-30-14 09:16 PM
    Really? I don't think it worked when I tried because of stupid Google services requirement.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:48 PM
    Really boils down to your preferences.

People use Linux because it's free. Might need tinkering. The Android app is free. Load through "snap". Might need side-loading (if you can't get the apk elsewhere).

Some people love iPhones because of simplicity. Just works. Get FT.

Few are power users who love and want all features, even though they might never use them all. BlackBerry users :-) ? Get ST.

---------------

I got ST. Really enjoy the "Preload" feature for demo videos and how-tos. Money is definitely NOT wasted, IMHO.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-31-14 12:26 AM
    I also prefer FastTube. It feels like a first party app.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-31-14 12:28 AM
    I've only used FastTube and it is by far my favorite app on the platform. Everything just flows. The preload feature is fantastic. I can easily manage my subscriptions and see what's popular. It also integrates with the native browser. If you have a YouTube video open, the overflow menu will have a "open in FastTube" option. Then the video can be preloaded and you don't have to worry about buffering lag.

I paid the in app fee for all the features and I think it is by far the best purchase I've made on the platform.

Again. I haven't tried super tube and I haven't seen the YouTube app for android or iphone.
    08-31-14 12:47 AM
    I prefer SuperTube, honestly, has it all. And the new update is incredible. For example, one new feature is watching the videos while on its large thumbnail, very awesome.

But can the Android YT work?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 03:04 PM
    I use SuperTube free, but I have both installed

I have SuperTube set to automatically use 240p on mobile network and 720p on wifi. SuperTube also let's you continue listening by dragging the screen vs using the back button.

SuperTube doesn't recognize https:// links for some reason, and also unless there is more than one alternate handler for YouTube links, you are unable to set the app to set a default app to open YouTube links.

I don't know about fasttube, but SuperTube plays videos that the browser says "not available in your country" and "please login to verify your age before viewing"

In any case, I recommend installing both and using both.
    08-31-14 03:35 PM
    IIf you have a YouTube video open, the overflow menu will have a "open in FastTube" option.

Again. I haven't tried super tube
    Install SuperTube. By doing so, that dialog will change to "open in.." and you can select fasttube or SuperTube as your default. That way, when you click on a YouTube link, it will automatically open in the selected app
    08-31-14 03:37 PM
    SuperTube for me
    Dev is very social and open to implement features that us users ask and has a support forum in these forums. The app has come a long way and I prefer the customization and variety of options compared to FastTube

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-31-14 04:14 PM
    Just buy the app! For two reasons

1. Support the devs! They put a lot of work and effort into the app and are very active on Crackberry always taking in feedback

2. Native app support simply will not come to BlackBerry. At least for a few years, until BlackBerry gets a sizable market share, don't expect Google to make a YouTube app. Same goes for Instagram, snapchat, etc

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    08-31-14 09:51 PM
    Just buy the app! For two reasons

1. Support the devs! They put a lot of work and effort into the app and are very active on Crackberry always taking in feedback

2. Native app support simply will not come to BlackBerry. At least for a few years, until BlackBerry gets a sizable market share, don't expect Google to make a YouTube app. Same goes for Instagram, snapchat, etc

Posted via CB10
    I only support when I actually need something, and by that I mean not pirating and such. I'm not just going to buy to support. Those devs and / or companies aren't supporting me with money.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 08:48 PM