Since purchasing my Blackberry Curve 8330 I have synced all contacts and calenders with Outlook at work on the office computer. Is there a way to move all contacts to my home computer permanantley? I would like to use my home computer as home base for synching my contacts and calander entries. At home I have a Macbook with Microsoft Entourage (very similar to Outlook) as the email program.
    06-30-09 01:59 PM
    the odds are good the custom config in Sync will do the job.

If I understand correctly blackberry desktop manager will install on McIntosh with Sync and Backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 02:17 PM
    Have you tried google sync?

06-30-09 02:22 PM
    No, I have not tried google sync. I have heard goo things about that.

I was hoping that there was a way to gather all info from the phone to a my personal compuer without manually entering it all again. For example, if I were to get a new computer could I re upload all contacts from the phone?
    06-30-09 02:37 PM
    the odds are good the custom config in Sync will do the job.

If I understand correctly blackberry desktop manager will install on McIntosh with Sync and Backup.

I'm guessing you know a LOT more about BB's than me, but I thought I had read that Mac's can only have DM installed if they are running some other type of software (maybe pocket mac???), and even then, there were limitations on what DM could do. I was thinking that it could either not use the sync funtion or that it could not use the upgrading OS (the loader app) function. Again, I'm not sure, and I don't wont to alarm the OP, but I think it's more involved if the home computer is a mac.

Is my memory failing me already?
    06-30-09 03:05 PM
    If my information is correct, BlackBerry Desktop Manager does install in native McIntosh.

A member provided a screen capture that was normal, except for no Applications Loader.

06-30-09 03:27 PM
    That's good to know. I guess I was remembering something else I had read.
    06-30-09 03:33 PM
    For syncing to a mac, you might want to look at this:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    06-30-09 03:53 PM
    Thanks for all of the Mac advice! Any info about transferring my contacts from the phone to the computer? This is my main concern.
    06-30-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD