I'm starting to get concerned regarding the build quality of Blackberry devices. Don't get me wrong I don't believe there is a problem with the way they feel in the hand but rather the internal build or components. I have a Q10, in fact I'm on Q10 number 2 as the First one died, unfortunately Number 2 has also given up. I was trying to pick up a call via Bluetooth when the call cut and I checked the phone and it was dead. There appears to be no reviving it. I've tried everything and the only sign of life I can get is by plugging in a charger with no battery on board when I get the briefest of orange led glows! So Q10 number 3 should be with me on Monday.

This is not great as its only 3 months to the day that I got my first Q10. My current Hit rate is almost 1 per month. I love my Q10 I really do and now I feel totally cut off. I'll revert to my old Iphone 3G's for the weekend but it will be a bind. I've been running corporate blackberrys for nearly 6 years now and they are brilliant work horses, I have 4 playbooks as well so I'm not here to dig in the knife. But as a loyal customer and evangelist of Blackberry's I really need them to get on top of this fingers crossed Q10 3 lasts out its contract and I can replace it in 9 months with the next Awesome device, but if it fails again I really think we need to start asking some awkward questions!
    08-08-13 02:05 PM
    From the reports I have seen your issue appears to be a "one-off" I know that doesn't help you, I'm just making the point to help restore some of your confidence in the device and it's quality.
    08-08-13 02:13 PM
    I really, Genuinely hope so, I just spent and evening advising colleagues to get the device, I really don't want to send them all an email saying I'm not within reach on that number until monday!
    08-08-13 02:56 PM
    I'm surprised nobody has posted BS on this for you. Or call you a troll or say your abusing them. Cause I said that some crackberry diehards called me troll and I was abusing them.
    I totally agree. I went through 3, Z10. Finally a 4th but it's just sitting there as my paper wight. I have a q10 now. I too hope it holds up.
    08-10-13 12:35 AM
    I know a guy who bought an iPhone 5 (brand new one) and had to return it four times until he got a working one in good condition. And this was Apple who charges premium prices and in general has a high quality reputation for their hardware.
    Either way, my Q10 works, apart from one key which sometimes makes a slight craking noise, without a single glitch or problem in terms of build quality. However I've also read comments from people who returned their Q10 first due to none working key(s), the replacement unit had a lose backcover, returned again and the next replacement had a defunct phone-speaker. Needless to say those people are, rightfully, pissed off by that. Buying such an expensive device and having to go through multiple returns can't be a solution. Yet this can happen with any degice of any brand, not only limited to Apple or BlackBerry. Last example: I had to return my Nokia N900 two times due to pixel errors on the displays. Not acceptable for a 500� device.
    08-10-13 03:40 AM
    As devices are mass produced, there are sure to be duds. It sucks if you end up with the dud though. Build quality concerns are generally more pervasive in nature as opposed to isolated instances.

I've had new iPhones I've had to swap out for issues. That didn't lead me to be concerned over build quality. A concern for build quality is more along the lines of antenna-gate and scuff-gate nonsense given the sheer number of people who had complaints.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 04:00 AM
    With you on this one. It's expected from a € 500 device to work without glitches, but flaws are not limited to one single brand.
    08-10-13 04:03 AM