I'm paying $4.99 per month for Asurion insurance and if something happened to my Curve I'd have to cough up $50.00 for a replacement.

I called our homeowners insurance company (State Farm). To insure a "cell phone" it has to have a value of $400 or more. Buying a new Curve through Verizon without a contract is $429. To add a rider to our policy for my Curve is $2.80 per month with NO deductible.

While I was at it I insured some jewelry and our laptops. The grand total is $10.83 to insure all of this including my BB and there is no deductible.
    08-14-08 11:27 PM
    Michelle,
    Just be careful with that...I have seen people not able to renew their homeowners or had it cancelled without a reason...or.. if they sold their house the new owners couldn't get a policy because of previous claims filed on the homeowners policy...
    Not saying all companies practice this..but I know it happens.
    Read your policy carefully!
    Happy Friday!
    08-15-08 09:22 AM
    I've thought of doing this (as I personally hate Asurion, but that's a story for another time), but I've been worried about what Laura said. Has anyone else done this?
    08-15-08 11:41 PM
    interesting. my homeowners policy covers everything under my roof without any extra specific premiums as long as i have records submitted. i'm assuming this extended policy covers mishaps within your control beyond the walls of your home?
    09-16-08 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD