Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Buh bye Asurion. Homeowners Insurance rider is a deal

I'm paying $4.99 per month for Asurion insurance and if something happened to my Curve I'd have to cough up $50.00 for a replacement.

I called our homeowners insurance company (State Farm). To insure a "cell phone" it has to have a value of $400 or more. Buying a new Curve through Verizon without a contract is $429. To add a rider to our policy for my Curve is $2.80 per month with NO deductible.

While I was at it I insured some jewelry and our laptops. The grand total is $10.83 to insure all of this including my BB and there is no deductible.
    Michelle
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask me!

Default Insurance

Michelle,
    Just be careful with that...I have seen people not able to renew their homeowners or had it cancelled without a reason...or.. if they sold their house the new owners couldn't get a policy because of previous claims filed on the homeowners policy...
    Not saying all companies practice this..but I know it happens.
    Read your policy carefully!
    Happy Friday!
    Laura in Southern Oregon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask :-)

I've thought of doing this (as I personally hate Asurion, but that's a story for another time), but I've been worried about what Laura said. Has anyone else done this?
    CrackBerry Genius

interesting. my homeowners policy covers everything under my roof without any extra specific premiums as long as i have records submitted. i'm assuming this extended policy covers mishaps within your control beyond the walls of your home?