Which on-line store, in your opinion, has the best online return policy? re-stocking fee? return shipping charges?

Newegg? Buy.com? JR Music? Tigerdirect? N1 Wireless? NextWarehouse?

I like going to Best Buy, going to the parking lot to try it, then going back and returning it if it didn't work ( I used to feel guilty doing this but they said if I didn't like to bring it back).

BUT.......

I am looking for a new BT headset, and even units with the best reviews vary by individuals. And on-line is soooo much cheaper that local retailers - sometimes almost half the price on some.

Do I remember correctly that once Amazon even refunded my shipping and paid for return shipping with an on-line printable return label?

I don't need THE best price, but want a good return policy.
    Last edited by hal1; 09-07-08 at 12:32 PM.
    09-06-08 08:21 PM
    Surely someone has had online return experience with headsets or other electronics?
    09-07-08 12:32 PM
    Amazon for me. Especially when buying a BT.
    09-07-08 01:02 PM
    Amazon for me. Especially when buying a BT.
    Yeah, they had the best price. But for the set I am looking at it says "ships from and sold by "XYZ". It also stated that refunds were based upon XYZ's return policies, which were...

All returned items must be in ORIGINAL condition and packaging, uncut, unmodified, unused, and also must be in RESTOCKABLE CONDITION in order to receive a refund or exchange.

How the heck do you try a BT without cutting open the package or using it?

So I think I may pass on Amazon for this purchase
    09-07-08 01:39 PM
    I've had excellent results from both Amazon.com and Newegg.com.
    09-07-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";