Hi, I just got a Bold 9700 yesterday. I love everything about the phone, the only thing is, it wont let me browse through WiFi. I am connected to my home network and the WiFi signal is white on the home screen. When I open the browser settings, it allows me to change to the hotspot browser but when i exit the settings, it doesnt stay on hotspot browser, it just switches back to the internet browser. I tried to change the default settings to the hotspot browser, that stays on the hotspot browser but it still doesnt browse through WiFi. Ive also tried to disable the mobile network and only leave WiFi on, again, it doesnt work.

I have OS 5.0.0.344, any suggestions?
    01-01-10 08:44 PM
    Internet Browser option does work across Wifi. First, Open you Connection Manager > Mobile Network Options > Connection Preferences: WiFi Preferred. Next open your BB Browser and press the letter "U", that wil show you a Browser Status bar. It should show you your White Wifi which it's using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 08:57 PM
    Hi, I just got a Bold 9700 yesterday. I love everything about the phone, the only thing is, it wont let me browse through WiFi. I am connected to my home network and the WiFi signal is white on the home screen. When I open the browser settings, it allows me to change to the hotspot browser but when i exit the settings, it doesnt stay on hotspot browser, it just switches back to the internet browser. I tried to change the default settings to the hotspot browser, that stays on the hotspot browser but it still doesnt browse through WiFi. Ive also tried to disable the mobile network and only leave WiFi on, again, it doesnt work.

I don't know if it is just me or a few other ppl but I'm given heads up on using wifi. It is good but sometimes I don't receive or can make calls when im connected to a wifi network with my bold this never happen with my curve. One of my friends is haven the same problem.

01-01-10 09:04 PM
    I dont have the connection preferences under my mobile network options.

I know the internet browser option does not work with WiFi, when I try to switch to hotspot browser, it automatically reverts back to the internet browser option. Im just trying to figure out how to make sure it stays on the hotspot option.

And it always shows 3G on the status bar when im browsing
    01-01-10 09:09 PM
    I don't know if it is just me or a few other ppl but I'm given heads up on using wifi. It is good but sometimes I don't receive or can make calls when im connected to a wifi network with my bold this never happen with my curve. One of my friends is haven the same problem.

I just want to use it so I can save some of my internet allowance when im in a WiFi area seeing as how I only have 2 gigs of internet to use.
    01-01-10 09:11 PM
    You won't find this option. It is only available on devices from carriers who support UMA.
    01-01-10 09:14 PM

Yeah, do a battery pull. This happens to many people I know.
    01-01-10 09:15 PM

I know the internet browser option does not work with WiFi, when I try to switch to hotspot browser, it automatically reverts back to the internet browser option. Im just trying to figure out how to make sure it stays on the hotspot option.

And it always shows 3G on the status bar when im browsing
    for mine when you have wi-fi connected the browser shows up with wi-fi and you don't need to use the hotspot browser
    01-01-10 09:16 PM
    I just want to use it so I can save some of my internet allowance when im in a WiFi area seeing as how I only have 2 gigs of internet to use.
    2GB!!!

You'll be lucky to get anywhere near that browsing on your phone.
    I only get 500MB free, and have never been close to using it up.

Just leave it on Internet Browser, swith your Wifi ON and your Mobile Network OFF.
    01-01-10 09:17 PM
    Pulled the battery, still not working, just goes straight back to internet browser

2GB!!!

You'll be lucky to get anywhere near that browsing on your phone.
    I only get 500MB free, and have never been close to using it up.

Just leave it on Internet Browser, swith your Wifi ON and your Mobile Network OFF.
    Lol i might get close to it, just wanna make sure I dont go over my limit.
    01-01-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD