But BlackBerry users have to use the Browser in many cases to do things app would normally do. So StatsCounter can't be all wrong, can it? Just a thought.
    I hate the app experience prefer the browser any day but you are missing the point for what ever the reason BB mobile OS keeps growing in the US not declining. Declining BB use in the US has reversed to growth!
    10-30-13 05:06 PM
    Yeah Keep moving BB!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-30-13 05:15 PM
    I hate the app experience prefer the browser any day but you are missing the point for what ever the reason BB mobile OS keeps growing in the US not declining. Declining BB use in the US has reversed to growth!

so much delusion
    mikeo007, bbq10l and bp3dots like this.
    10-30-13 05:20 PM
    While I don't hold this as anything I see what you're saying. Just because other platforms use apps doesn't mean bb use would automatically go up.
    10-30-13 05:22 PM
    While I don't hold this as anything I see what you're saying. Just because other platforms use apps doesn't mean bb use would automatically go up.
    Not only that, App or browser usage is not measured it is the operating system in use that is measured so it would not make any difference whether you were using an app or browser the OS would be counted.
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 10-31-13 at 08:59 AM.
    10-31-13 08:29 AM
    so much delusion
    It is not called delusion it is called statistics. And the measured statistics shows an increase In BlackBerry usage.
    10-31-13 09:03 AM
    Not only that, App or browser usage is not measured it is the operating system in use that is measured so it would not make any difference whether you were using an app or browser the OS would be counted.
    You are 100% incorrect. Statcounter even states that they only count we page views. It does not count hits from apps as they would not trigger the javascript counter that statcounter places on their partner web pages. I performed a test months ago that proved this.

Edit: for terminology
    Last edited by mikeo007; 10-31-13 at 01:29 PM.
    bp3dots likes this.
    10-31-13 09:03 AM
    You are 100% incorrect. Statcounter even states that they only count we page hits. It does not count hits from apps as they would not trigger the javascript counter that statcounter places on their partner web pages. I performed a test months ago that proved this.
    Nope you are wrong:
    "Every month, we record billions of page views to these sites. For each page view, we analyse the browser/operating system/screen resolution used and we establish if the page view is from a mobile device."
    It doesn't matter if the page view was from a crackberry app or from the browser it would be recorded
    "We provide independent, unbiased stats on internet usage trends. We do not collate our stats with any other information sources."
    Last edited by Wilsonia Goldens; 10-31-13 at 02:51 PM.
    10-31-13 01:00 PM
    Nope yopu are wrong:
    "Every month, we record billions of page views to these sites. For each page view, we analyse the browser/operating system/screen resolution used and we establish if the page view is from a mobile device."
    It doesn't matter if the page view was from a crackberry app or from the browser it would be recorded
    "We provide independent, unbiased stats on internet usage trends. We do not collate our stats with any other information sources."
    I'm going to be polite here and assume of know nothing about computer software. A "page view" occurs when a webPAGE is VIEWed, hence the term. A page is not viewed when the crackberry app requests data from the DB. Google "define: page view" for more info. The crackberry app, or most other apps that aren't a browser, do not register page views. They could register hits, but that is a totally different term that statcounter is careful not to use.

Further, assuming again you know nothing about how software works, this probably won't help you, but if you look at how statcounter is implemented on web pages, you'd see why it would not work to count apps, unless the app was specifically designed to go against statcounters guidelines with the goal of skewing their stats.

Again, I can happily link you to the thread where I tested this assumption using my own app. Although I have a strange feeling you'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.
    10-31-13 01:28 PM

Again, I can happily link you to the thread where I tested this assumption using my own app. Although I have a strange feeling you'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.
    Actually you are right that I do not care because what you have added is a red herring and has nothing to do with the topic of increased Blackberry browser use. But I am interested in how Statscounter actually determines Mobile OS use so I have forwarded your comments to Statscounter and asked if they would respond.
    10-31-13 05:25 PM
    Another nugget of information that may skew this data is the fact that all traffic through bb10 is non-compressed. They ditched compression with the new OS. A function I wish they would have made optional.

?10
    10-31-13 05:59 PM
    Anyway, BB10 devices didn't compress anything also 6 months ago. So,after all it means more B10 devices in the U.S.A. What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:12 PM
    However untrustworthy Statcounter may be (and I'm not disputing that they are), the raw data provided in these reports raises a simple question: indicated BB traffic rose considerably in June and has remained in the 5.5-6.0% range since. Since no other vendor has seen such dramatic shifts (either up OR down), what would account for this? And if it's just some anomaly in the way Statcounter collects or reports, why does it only affect BB?
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-31-13 06:15 PM
    However untrustworthy Statcounter may be (and I'm not disputing that they are), the raw data provided in these reports raises a simple question: indicated BB traffic rose considerably in June and has remained in the 5.5-6.0% range since. Since no other vendor has seen such dramatic shifts (either up OR down), what would account for this? And if it's just some anomaly in the way Statcounter collects or reports, why does it only affect BB?
    A possible explanation would be that they implemented detection for BB10 phones, and numbers before that point in time were only for the BBOS user agents.

Or, simplest explanation, BlackBerry phones are slowly gaining traction.
    10-31-13 06:25 PM
    I'm not sure it means anything. Different users use their phones differently. Some use apps, some the browser.
    10-31-13 06:50 PM
    There's a very simple explanation actually:

Notice the spike, and the small symbol next to it?
    Browser usage is up in the US according to statcounter!-screen-shot-2013-10-31-7.55.33-pm.png

This was a data correction, meaning Blackberry was being counted incorrectly in the USA up until this point. There is still a rise in usage, but not nearly as big as the OP, who shockingly did very little research, thinks.

Browser usage is up in the US according to statcounter!-screen-shot-2013-10-31-7.58.03-pm.png
    TgeekB, bp3dots and solitude1984 like this.
    10-31-13 06:58 PM
    Actually you are right that I do not care because what you have added is a red herring and has nothing to do with the topic of increased Blackberry browser use. But I am interested in how Statscounter actually determines Mobile OS use so I have forwarded your comments to Statscounter and asked if they would respond.
    ROFL...you introduced the "red herring" my delusional friend. It's quite astounding how you seem to blissfully ignore logic and facts.

10-31-13 07:00 PM
    Yeah, well stats counter said the same thing three months ago, and we all know how that turned out.

Fact is they're not selling many phones at all, like bellow an acceptable amount...

There's articles that have recently been released that are intune with how terrible things where last earnings report. I suggest that you read them and view them for what they are, the truth.

I wonder what ever happened to dwelter and feltman or whoever they were out of Boston... apparently they weren't too far off.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:38 AM
43 12