Ok, I have Verizon and I got them to unlock my Storm 2. I traveled to Trinidad puchased a local sim card and bingo local phone service. Very happy. Mom has a linksys router with wep key and I connect to it. Grey WiFi, UGH! The phone says I am connected to WiFi however the browser doesnt work. When I press the browser button there is absolutely no response. I am unable to get email either. Any ideas? Btw I have done all of the rebooting between the router and phone as I can stand. I also removed the wep key from the router and left it open, same results...

I understand there may be some issues with service books but why would that affect the WiFi?

I hope someone can help but thanks for looking anyway. Happy New Year!!!

PS. I appear to be unable to log into Yahoo and MSN messengers as well

Another update: Weatherbug works...
    Last edited by Anon_Emus; 12-31-09 at 04:31 PM.
    12-31-09 04:18 PM
    Update, just tried Pandora and it said that it was checking WiFi and then a message came up saying that "Pandora is not available in this country"

Facebook does not connect...
    12-31-09 04:23 PM
    Does your sim have data enabled? You can try resending your service books to see if the carrier you're on has books for blackberries
    12-31-09 06:01 PM
    Ok, I have Verizon and I got them to unlock my Storm 2. I traveled to Trinidad puchased a local sim card and bingo local phone service. Very happy. Mom has a linksys router with wep key and I connect to it. Grey WiFi, UGH! The phone says I am connected to WiFi however the browser doesnt work. When I press the browser button there is absolutely no response. I am unable to get email either. Any ideas? Btw I have done all of the rebooting between the router and phone as I can stand. I also removed the wep key from the router and left it open, same results...

I understand there may be some issues with service books but why would that affect the WiFi?

I hope someone can help but thanks for looking anyway. Happy New Year!!!

PS. I appear to be unable to log into Yahoo and MSN messengers as well

Another update: Weatherbug works...
    Did you try setting your BB browser to "Hotspot Browser" under Options? There are two places to make this change--Browser Configuration and General Properties.
    12-31-09 06:14 PM
    Browser is set to hotspot, not sure if sim has data plan enabled but why should that affect WiFi on phone?
    12-31-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD