I'm not sure where to post this so i'll post it here and if a mod thinks it should go somewhere else feel free to move it.

My discussion and question is when will the blackberry browser be on par with safari, android, even win mo? i don't necessarily have a problem with using skyfire when it's released but i really would rather the native be up to speed.
    07-24-09 06:40 PM
    That would be question you would likely need to address to RIM.
    07-24-09 06:58 PM
    Probably just this side of never. OS 5.0 is supposed to bring tabbed browsing but tabs of a crappy browser isn't going to be anything to write home about. They need to do one of two things.

1. Develop a decent webkit browser.
    2. Stop having a pissing contest with Opera and let them develop a full fledged Opera Mobile for Blackberry. Opera has said the would love to do it but needs some info from RIM that they refuse to give. Opera Mobile on WM is the best browsing experience I have ever had on a mobile and would love to see come to BB. Fast, good desktop rendition, and tabs.
    07-24-09 07:10 PM
    Blackberry's browser stinks. Opera mini is your best bet till OS5 comes out.
    07-24-09 08:51 PM
    that's my real question do they plan on developing a browser or is the current features sufficient in rim's eyes for the foreseeable future
    07-24-09 09:41 PM
    Other than the previously mentioned tabs I haven't seen any mention of them making any other enhancements. For whatever reason RIM doesn't seem to think a good browser is needed. Boy Genius had a pretty good read on the downward curve RIM is on. They are going to have to start innovating to keep up. The competition in the arena is getting hot and heavy, they need to keep up.
    07-24-09 10:32 PM
    opera mini s the best.. try that..
    07-24-09 10:33 PM
    i've tried opera mini.

i'm not saying a browser is going to make my decision on a phone but with all the android and win mo superphones (touch pro2 for example) i'm starting to question my reasons for being a blackberry loyalist. push is no longer a rim exclusive so why bother with them if they arent going to keep up with the other phones. i mean that tmobile mytouch is one sick puppy, if it were on verizon i'd be very very hard pressed not to get it instead of a berry.
    07-24-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD