Because of my screen going berserk and dying, I need to get my Berry serviced.

My biggest problem. There are pictures I really want to keep that are on the phone (internal memory, not card) ... how can I get them out using a USB cable? Keep in mind, I don't see the screen - all the operation must come from the computer.

I would like to A. Take all my pictures from the BlackBerry and then B. Delete all picture content on the Blackberry, before I get it serviced.

Is there any way I can do both A and B from a computer? Preferably a MAC, but I can also find a PC to do this on.

Please make the directions as simple as possible... I'm a noob

THANK YOU GUYS!
    12-14-08 04:53 PM
    Get Desktop Manager with media manager and use that to copy your stuff to your PC.
    12-14-08 04:55 PM
    would you mind to elaborate? I know nothing about BB software?

Is this a program?
    Where do I get it?
    Is it free?
    How easy is it to use?
    etc...

thank you so much.
    12-14-08 05:02 PM
    Oh, sorry, yes, of course.

Desktop Manager is the free software suppkied by RIM, who make the BlackBerry phones. It is designed to manage the connection, syncronization, Backup and manage media between the phone and a PC. It uses a USB to mini-USB cable that needs to be plugged directly into your PC.

The program comes in two flavors. Without media manager and with.

The media manager is a pita to use and slows down your PC but you have no choice but to use it. You may download it from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. I suggest that you get v4.6 with media manager because v4.7 is a bit buggy.

I am off to bed now as it is past midnight here in Europe but what you now have to do is simply to download the software and installit. Then connect your phone as I said and you are all set. Launch the media manager and fiddle about a bit until you fight through the menus and then bring your stuff across to the PC.

I used BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices when my phone needed repair so if yours is not under warranty, have a look at their site.
    12-14-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD