About a month ago, I bought myself a Blackberry Curve 3G. I loved the phone and everything about it. Unfortunately, the phone has water damage. Lucky for me, I had bought a battery extender for it, so the original battery is safely sitting at home. Now, I know the Verizon batteries have a sticker on them, and if there is any water on the battery (Sweat, Pools, Ocean, etc), it turns pink. And if you try to return the phone, get a refund, or get it fixed, they will not do it if the sticker is pink. So basically the phone isn't working, and I have no insurance. The Blackberry keys light up when the battery is put in, and the LED light flashes in rainbow colors, but the screen remains black/blank. I had an Idea though. What if I put the original battery in the phone, and went to the Verizon store. I would tell them that I woke up one morning, and the phone was off. And when I tried to turn it on, the screen didn't work. I'm hoping this will work, but I don't know for sure. Are there any Verizon reps or people who have had a similar problem? Cause I need ideas so they will replace the phone free of charge. I have a spare Curve 8330 that a friend gave me, but I don't want to resort to that for too long. Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. I have one line on my family plan eligible for an upgrade, but I would like to save it!
    Last edited by colbyo; 08-15-11 at 07:38 PM. Reason: More Details
    leigh272 likes this.
    08-15-11 07:36 PM
    That's fraud and this forum does not allow posts that encourage or facilitate fraud. If your phone is water damaged, deAl with the consequences.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-15-11 07:55 PM
    That's fraud and this forum does not allow posts that encourage or facilitate fraud. If your phone is water damaged, deAl with the consequences.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Take a chill pill there bud. If you don't have any advice for me, that's okay. But I don't need you to moderate my posts for me. Not everyone has extra money to spend. It's people like you that make me wonder...why somebody would go out of their way to be mean, instead of being helpful. If you wanna play the rule game here, let's play! I'm always up for a game!

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    I'm pretty sure that's posted on the rules too. Thanks for your time!
    08-15-11 08:03 PM
    Suck it up and deal with the 8330. What you want to do is fraud. If you want a different bb then you will have to buy one. You can get them for cheaper than retail on here in the marketplace or craigslist or eBay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 08:05 PM
    Suck it up and deal with the 8330. What you want to do is fraud. If you want a different bb then you will have to buy one. You can get them for cheaper than retail on here in the marketplace or craigslist or eBay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD