I am thinking of selling my blackberry on eBay, simply because the charger port is broken, and I just purchased an iPhone 3gs. How much do you think I could get for my blackberry? It's in great condition, the charger port has just gone bad. Let me know!!!
    06-21-09 05:40 PM
    i dnt know why blackberry charger ports suck mines just broke!!!!!
    06-21-09 05:52 PM
    06-21-09 06:02 PM
    niceee thanks alot
    06-21-09 06:05 PM
    The usb port gets damaged when the cable is inserted at an angle or removed that way, or maybe the wrong cable was used and forced in. The tiny pin connectors get bent and pushed into the port and cease to make contact. Someone has a Curve in the Marketplace right now with the usb port completely missing. He went from $100 down to $65 and it's still not sold.

The usb port is a $5 item and is $50 - $75 for labor, unless you can solder really, really tiny connectors on a board. I know I can't do it without ruining something else on the main board because of space constraints.

But to answer your question, you could probably get $50 - $60, maybe. Try it and see what happens. Just be truthful in your description of the product. I've paid $25 max for a phone with a messed up port. To me, they're only good for parts. I don't know why this only happens to a bb. My wife has a RAZR for 2-1/2 years that has been in the toilet twice and it's still working! Usb is as good as when new.

Just my opinion. Sorry for the sad news.
    06-21-09 06:12 PM
    I know! I had a razr for two years and it just wouldn't die! So then I broke it by force and got a bb. Long story...but anyways, I saw them on ebay and they are apparently going for 100. I'm also including a free case thats brand new so we shall see how it goes..
    06-22-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD