Brinks Safe Hack: USB stick with 100 lines of code bypasses a safe | BGR

Discuss!

QNX back ends could be used to resolve the back door here. BlackBerry should make a statement on the security of the QNX and Root of Trust.

In Squircle I Trust
    07-28-15 07:12 PM
    Brinks safe running XP compromised great place to implement QNX?-img_20150728_203224.png

Took that pic December 2013, at an ATM in Baltimore-Washington Intl Airport.

It actually booted up to a good ole' windows XP desktop... but the touch screen drivers didn't seem to work well on it so I just walked away before getting arrested.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 07:35 PM
    These are the types of things BlackBerry's sales team needs to get on asap. Reaching out to Brinks, The Home Depot, Walmart and selling. If they are and we don't hear about it kudos to them. If not, what are they doing? They need to be hustling like each work day could be their last - literally.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    07-28-15 08:11 PM
    They found a way to escape that application�known as a kiosk-bypass attack�through a help menu, gaining access to the backend Windows XP embedded operating system.
    Just like the QNX/Uconnect vulnerability, it seems this was a flaw in software running on the operating system, not so much the operating system itself.

Perhaps QNX could have prevented this exploit, even if just through obscurity, but the perception that any exploit on any system could have been avoided by using QNX is a viewpoint you'll only find on CrackBerry. QNX is a useful piece of tech, but it's not magic.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-28-15 09:15 PM
    Just like the QNX/Uconnect vulnerability, it seems this was a flaw in software running on the operating system, not so much the operating system itself.

Perhaps QNX could have prevented this exploit, even if just through obscurity, but the perception that any exploit on any system could have been avoided by using QNX is a viewpoint you'll only find on CrackBerry. QNX is a useful piece of tech, but it's not magic.
    Yes but with a root of trust only the "distributor" of said machine or os can use the USB port. Imo

In Squircle I Trust
    07-28-15 10:38 PM
    There are many great examples of QNX potential deployments.

The question is whether Chen and his sales team have the balls to take this head on. Back in the day Jim B led a team of sharks.

Is Chen a shark or a guppy?

He speaks like a guppy. Gives the impression of expressing clarity as a guppy. Let's hope he is infact a shark as many believe him to be!

Sent via Passport!
    07-28-15 10:41 PM
    There are many great examples of QNX potential deployments.

The question is whether Chen and his sales team have the balls to take this head on. Back in the day Jim B led a team of sharks.

Is Chen a shark or a guppy?

He speaks like a guppy. Gives the impression of expressing clarity as a guppy. Let's hope he is infact a shark as many believe him to be!

Sent via Passport!
    Maybe he's a SuperGuppy... ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_S...es_Super_Guppy

�   "BBAndr10d Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-28-15 11:07 PM
    Maybe he's a SuperGuppy... ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_S...es_Super_Guppy

�   "BBAndr10d Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    Let's hope he is. Just like the ,"Super Guppy"...............Chen needs to start DELIVERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent via Passport!
    07-28-15 11:48 PM