So everyone knows about BlackBerry having the most secure network using BIS. But since BlackBerry 10 phones Launched "most" of the data doesn't go through it anymore. Some have said they would be willing to pay a small nominal fee to have their data routed through it.

So how about letting consumers have a choice to have their own data routed securely through BIS no matter what device.

Check it out on BerryFlow the links here :
    The BlackBerry MySpot Concept - BerryFlow

Basically it's a Hotspot that routes your data through BIS using your carriers 3G/4G connection
    Best thing is its open to users on any platform like Android and iOS. Which i think is pretty cool, whats your thoughts ?

It sounds like it could be a great new revenue stream for BlackBerry
    01-09-14 02:16 PM
    I like it, nice work! Depending the data and rates, that is something id definitely consider.

This reminds me of a upcoming device John McAfee has in mind the "D-Central"
    01-09-14 02:24 PM
    I just want any form of BIS.

John Chen said something about making BlackBerry products available for iOS and Android.

I hope he means something along the lines of BIS.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-09-14 03:16 PM
    I would definitely look into any service based BlackBerry product, esp. if that meant different and possibly favorable data plans. This could be even more interesting if the 'MySpot' could make use of your device as a key.
    James Nieves likes this.
    01-09-14 11:05 PM
    I need BIS badly!

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 09:42 AM
    So everyone knows about BlackBerry having the most secure network using BIS. But since BlackBerry 10 phones Launched "most" of the data doesn't go through it anymore. Some have said they would be willing to pay a small nominal fee to have their data routed through it.

So how about letting consumers have a choice to have their own data routed securely through BIS no matter what device.

Basically it's a Hotspot that routes your data through BIS using your carriers 3G/4G connection
    Best thing is its open to users on any platform like Android and iOS. Which i think is pretty cool, whats your thoughts ?

BIS isn't as secure as you think. Besides that it is slow. Would make sense in some countries I suppose. As for me I don't need a BIS slowing down high speed internet.
    01-10-14 10:08 AM
    I need it not because it's secure. But because it's cheaper than the data rates of the service provider

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 10:59 AM
    I need it not because it's secure. But because it's cheaper than the data rates of the service provider

From Zuri my Z10.
    It is now. Would this idea be as cheap?
    01-10-14 11:01 AM
    It is now. Would this idea be as cheap?
    It'd better be

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-10-14 01:02 PM
    Yeah, BIS is really NOT secure.

Compressed, yes.

Encrypted to some degree, maybe. But not on the level of BES on an on-site server.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    01-10-14 01:21 PM
    Why not just setup your own VPN tunnel and push all your data over that? You'll have encryption to your phone, through the cell network, and you can chose where your data emerges? There are lots of vpn providers out there that let you pick the place your data hits the internet...
    01-10-14 01:58 PM
    Will this concept be real?

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    01-19-14 12:44 AM

I swear BIS only encrypts a message with the blackberry public key. So if you could divert that message to another blackberry it can be read cause it's a blackberry... not really very secure. BES is the locked down secure and air tight solution

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 11:23 PM
    I swear BIS only encrypts a message with the blackberry public key. So if you could divert that message to another blackberry it can be read cause it's a blackberry... not really very secure. BES is the locked down secure and air tight solution

Posted via CB10
    Except it's impossible to divert that message to a different BlackBerry since PIN numbers are unique and only one can exist on the network, meaning they can't be cloned like sims can.

Sure it doesn't sound "secure" in theory but it's impossible in the real world.
    01-22-14 02:42 AM
    Except it's impossible to divert that message to a different BlackBerry since PIN numbers are unique and only one can exist on the network, meaning they can't be cloned like sims can.

Sure it doesn't sound "secure" in theory but it's impossible in the real world.
    You can change the pin of old blackberry's. And change the imei of them too. So legacy devices aren't the secure ones!

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:00 AM
    You can change the pin of old blackberry's. And change the imei of them too. So legacy devices aren't the secure ones!

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, no you can't. Never been done, care to prove it?
    01-22-14 07:02 AM
    Hmmm, no you can't. Never been done, care to prove it?
    It's against the rules to discuss this indepth so I won't. But it has been done by a certain ermm.. third party Imei and Pin was changed successfully.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:09 AM
    It's against the rules to discuss this indepth so I won't. But it has been done by a certain ermm.. third party Imei and Pin was changed successfully.

Posted via CB10
    Soooo, I have to take your word for it? Here's the question though, say if you're right, can you change it to an existing PIN that is already registered with the network AND have them both registered on the BIS or BES network at the same time?

Because if you can't do that it's useless. Right?
    01-22-14 07:12 AM
    Its is always good as a option

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:13 AM
    Soooo, I have to take your word for it? Here's the question though, say if you're right, can you change it to an existing PIN that is already registered with the network AND have them both registered on the BIS or BES network at the same time?

Because if you can't do that it's useless. Right?
    Google it! Don't have to take my word... Take Google's word but I can actually can say that it does exist and it does work And you can change the Pin to anything... And you can change the imei to 000000000000000 if you really wanted too.. :/

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:16 AM
    Google it! Don't have to take my word... Take Google's word but I can actually can say that it does exist and it does work And you can change the Pin to anything... And you can change the imei to 000000000000000 if you really wanted too.. :/

Posted via CB10
    Right, but let's say you're right, what good is that if you can't change it to an existing pin that's already registered with the network? The only way you could divert the messages in theory is if you can duplicate the pins and have them both registered at the same time on the BIS network.

Can you answer that?

PS, I looked it up and the only thing I can find is a YouTube video that appears to be a scam to buy some software. Was that your proof?
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 01-22-14 at 07:29 AM.
    01-22-14 07:19 AM
    Right, but let's say you're right, what good is that if you can't change it to an existing pin that's already registered with the network? The only way you could divert the messages in theory is if you can duplicate the pins and have them both registered at the same time on the BIS network.

Can you answer that?

PS, I looked it up and the only thing I can find is a YouTube video that appears to be a scam to buy some software. Was that your proof?
    It's based on a tool that was apparently leaked from RIM(MMLMultiLoader) and was featured on Berry-Review and other mainstream BlackBerry fan sites.

CRAZY! Furious Gold Lets You Change & Clone A BlackBerrys IMEI, PIN, or ESN Along With Unlocking It! - BerryReview

Being sure of your knowledge is one thing but being ignorant is another. It allows you to change the Pin of older BlackBerry devices meaning 9000 and under. Seeing as they still have Pins and they technically work on the same network, NOC and everything else as newer BB handsets, it would work.

People these days... Sigh...

P.S This scandal of leaked software was covered up by RIM because this is an huge blow to its promise of security
    01-22-14 08:14 AM
    It cannot be done. The pin could be changed theoretically but the imei cannot be changed and linked to a new pin especially on legacy.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 08:16 AM
    It cannot be done. The pin could be changed theoretically but the imei cannot be changed and linked to a new pin especially on legacy.
    Check the post above
    01-22-14 08:18 AM
    Seeing as you're a right up prat, I'll actually find you the proof. Don't be a **** if Googling is a bit complicated for you. Also It's based on a tool that was apparently leaked from RIM(MMLMultiLoader) and was featured on Berry-Review and other mainstream BlackBerry fan sites.

CRAZY! Furious Gold Lets You Change & Clone A BlackBerrys IMEI, PIN, or ESN Along With Unlocking It! - BerryReview

Being sure of your knowledge is one thing but being ignorant is another. It allows you to change the Pin of older BlackBerry devices meaning 9000 and under. Seeing as they still have Pins and they technically work on the same network, NOC and everything else as newer BB handsets, it would work.

People these days... Sigh...

P.S This scandal of leaked software was covered up by RIM because this is an huge blow to its promise of security
    I don't see any proof of the device actually running on the network in that article.

Are you suggesting RIM has the power to cover up such a scandal? LMOA, why couldn't they cover up any of the other lol?
    01-22-14 08:26 AM
45 12