Let's say browser and keyboard, and I'm with you.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    Actually, I greatly prefer the BB10 keyboard over the PB's. As big as it is on the PB, I spend more time correcting typo's than actually composing whatever it is I'm composing. Whereas on the Z10 I'm about as efficient as I was on the 9900, if not more so because of the swipe-ups and word substitution.

What I like better in the PB is more related to the UI. Like more than a screen's worth of apps on one tab. But mostly I really prefer the way PB handles multiple running apps over BB10. I imagine some of that has to do with the difference in display size, but I find the PB more intuitive for jumping between open apps. One thing that would help a LOT in BB10 is if active frames stay where you open them instead of moving the last app to the top. My mind just doesn't like to work that way.
    02-12-14 05:55 PM
    A BB10 tablet would help to build up the BB10 ecosystem and give developers another reason to develop for the platform.

The reality is though that BB10 can do way less than a similarly priced Windows 8.1 tablet can do.

Give me the option of having a mobile OS (iOS, Android, BB10) or a full desktop OS (Windows 7, 8.1) on a tablet and I'll take the desktop OS in a heartbeat.
    kbz1960 and johnm137 like this.
    02-12-14 05:55 PM
    Why can't we just have a 7 or 10 inch screen we can dock the Z10 into the back of? Use the phone processor...

Am I the only one who thinks of these great ideas?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    02-12-14 10:20 PM
    Why can't we just have a 7 or 10 inch screen we can dock the Z10 into the back of? Use the phone processor...

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    Yes but then it's back to the... "you have to have a BlackBerry for it to work..."

Do we really want that again

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry10 device
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    02-13-14 12:40 AM
    Being a playbook owner, I can honestly say, it was an excellent device. Got it cheap and it's basic functionality was great. Unfortunately, it died last summer and in the last 6 months I have purchased a nexus 7 and a Kobo Arc. One word describes my Android experience. CRAP. What an unmitigated Crappy piece of software coupled to cheese ball hardware. Frankly, save your pennies and buy an iPad.

It would be hard for BlackBerry to bring a tablet to market at the moment unless they really do something different. I really like the idea of making an interactive tablet. Basically, it can interact with and use the resources of your smartphone. Kind of like Bridge on steroids. There are some big advantage. First, the tablet can be built cheaply, no need to duplicate camera resources and you wouldn't need massive memory or computing power. Second, there would be no reason to purchase a second set of Apps. This would really make BlackBerry unique and pushes the concept of mobile computing forward.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 04:32 AM
    I agree, dock the phone into screen which mirrors the phone, make it cheap. It would give some people a reason to buy a blackberry and helps keep development focused on one main product, with the mirror as a accessory.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:31 AM
    Allowing our BB10 devices to be displayed on the PB would be great. Imagine picking up your PB and it being your phone enlarged less the phone calls. That would turn heads.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:46 AM
    Yes but then it's back to the... "you have to have a BlackBerry for it to work..."

Do we really want that again

YES! PB owners would get a boost, and Apple does it all the time via the walled garden. Also, a blank screen is cheap, and you have 1 mobile computing device, 1 set of apps, 1 storage place etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:50 AM
    A BB10 tablet (even with sales comparable with the PlayBook sales) would expand the market for BB10 apps - a much needed incentive for BB10 developers.

So it could make sense for the BB10 ecosystem in the long run, even if it would mean losing money on the BB10 tablet device.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    Last edited by serbanescu; 02-13-14 at 08:23 AM.
    02-13-14 07:00 AM
    A BB10 tablet (even with sales comparable with the PlayBook) would expand the market for BB10 apps - a much needed incentive for BB10 developers.

So it could make sense for the BB10 ecosystem in the long run, even if it would mean losing money on the BB10 tablet device.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake
    Yah it would make sense to bring tablet and would expand BB10 OS. For example, I need only one bb10 BlackBerry phone and a tablet, but I don't need 2 BB10 phones and that will apply to most people I think. So bringing 4 phones in a year would not make sense. In absence of BlackBerry tablet, Apple ipad takes 91.4% share of enterprise tablets. Link below:

Apple's iPad takes 91.4% share of enterprise tablets; iOS takes 73% share overall
    02-13-14 08:10 AM

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    I do like this idea. Only don't dock it to the USB port -- have some kind of proprietary connection that a BB10 device snaps into almost invisibly; and make it so that when the tablet is plugged in for charging, it charges the phone, too.

Really, sometimes this site is just one genius post after another.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-13-14 08:33 AM
    YES! PB owners would get a boost, and Apple does it all the time via the walled garden. Also, a blank screen is cheap, and you have 1 mobile computing device, 1 set of apps, 1 storage place etc.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what apple and MS are doing or trying to do minus the stupid tablet.
    02-13-14 08:58 AM
    What makes the PlayBook out of date?

My biggest problem is without the BB10 update I can't access my movies/music/apps I bought on my BB10 devices.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-13-14 08:58 AM
    I agree that the lack of a tablet is pushing much of enterprise to adopt a different platform, which could lead them to next open their smartphones to that same platform.

That said it's the whole chicken/egg problem that BlackBerry ignored with the PlayBook and the launch of BB10. When buy a device that is not capable of doing what you need it to do because it doesn't have the apps. The iPad is becoming the go to device for industry, not because it is cheaper (it's not), not because it is the most powerful (it's not). But for the same reason that Windows became the dominated OS in the late 80 early 90. It was simple, it was familiar, it was compatible - no iOS is not compatible with many system, but most industry have created "Apps" that allow Apple products to be used to monitor and work with their equipment.
    kbz1960 and Bbnivende like this.
    02-13-14 09:00 AM
    My biggest problem is without the BB10 update I can't access my movies/music/apps I bought on my BB10 devices.

BB10 music is DRM-free, so you can treat it as you would any other MP3 files.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:11 AM
    Let's say browser and keyboard, and I'm with you.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    Browser, Keyboard, and Android Runtime.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 09:13 AM
    BB10 music is DRM-free, so you can treat it as you would any other MP3 files.

Posted via CB10
    Only if you have a BB10 device to download them first. Movies sadly aren't drm free.

02-13-14 09:18 AM
42 12