Don't really know where to post this one (if its a phone prob or carrier prob) but here goes. I keep getting these brew msg with a ton of #s and letters after it what is up with this can anyone help. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 04:11 PM
    Ok, I dont understand what a brew message is. Please elaborate.
    03-08-09 04:51 PM
    Did you have a text notification service set up on a previous device that used brew applications? If so these may be notifications/updates for that app.

03-08-09 06:26 PM
    I don't really know what a brew msg is either. But it is sent to my phone # in my messages and I have never had text notifications set up for any of my phones. Sometimes ill get a couple a day sometimes not for a week or so then ill get a bunch in one day.

03-08-09 08:02 PM
    Ok, I'll admit when I'm stumped. Beats me.
    03-08-09 08:08 PM
    Are you on VZW? Have you been getting these since you switched to the BB?

03-08-09 08:14 PM
    Iam on uscellular, and yes it started ever since I got my bb. actually about 15min after I left the store and has been doing it since approx. 2 months

03-08-09 08:21 PM
    A quick search of the forums indicates that mobile mycast or AIM on a prior non-smartphone are likely culprits. Other members had success calling their carrier and temporarily re-activating their old phone just long enough to shut off these services. I suspect a call to US cellular would be your best next step. Hope you get it resolved!

03-08-09 08:31 PM
    Thank you very much for all your help. I tried a search and was unsuccessful for some reason. Thanks though. Ill see what I can do

03-08-09 08:38 PM
    Thank you very much for all your help. I tried a search and was unsuccessful for some reason. Thanks though. Ill see what I can do

I was recieving messages from the number 118012222269 that were the exact same as what you described... had to do with the Yahoo Mail on my last phone......a quick call to VZW and I havent seen one since
    03-08-09 10:10 PM
    Did you have Mobile Email? This happened to me with Mobile Email, and I had to reactivate my dumbphone, deactivate Mobile Email, and then reactivate my BB.
    03-08-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD