With all this Commotion relating to the slider going android and everyone upset over it....how about we all stay positive about all of it this because I highly doubt BlackBerry will let go of BB10 completely because BB10 will be the selling point to other consumers that gets interested in the phone that knows nothing about it.......I truly believe this slider will be integrated with the hub even though it will have android. This is BlackBerry....they won't hand phones to us loyal customers without it being safe. They will make android os safe.

Posted via CB10
    iandwnz and z3user like this.
    08-27-15 02:50 PM
    Sure.

I am proof positive.

I survived Beta losing to VHS, IBM OS/2 losing to Windows, and webOS only being good enough for TV's.

As a BlackBerry loyalist, I know I will survive regardless of what happens to BlackBerry.
    08-27-15 03:08 PM
    They will follow the same development pattern they have stuck to for the last several years.
    -Try to support multiple development paths at once.
    -Eventually end up killing off all of the others except one (probably won't take that long).

There is a clear history of this by BB...
    08-27-15 03:28 PM
    With all this Commotion relating to the slider going android and everyone upset over it....how about we all stay positive about all of it this because I highly doubt BlackBerry will let go of BB10 completely because BB10 will be the selling point to other consumers that gets interested in the phone that knows nothing about it.......I truly believe this slider will be integrated with the hub even though it will have android. This is BlackBerry....they won't hand phones to us loyal customers without it being safe. They will make android os safe.

Posted via CB10
    They are a business.... they will do what makes them profitable and keeps the doors open.

If you think BlackBerry cares about loyal customers... you are only fooling yourself. There has been a long history of leaving the "loyal" hanging.
    08-27-15 03:35 PM
    ^^ Yep, this company loves to shaft their diehard fanbase, over and over again...
    lnichols likes this.
    08-27-15 03:44 PM
    They are a business.... they will do what makes them profitable and keeps the doors open.

If you think BlackBerry cares about loyal customers... you are only fooling yourself. There has been a long history of leaving the "loyal" hanging.
    If they wanted to be profitable then they'd would have gone with Mike L from the beginning
    08-27-15 05:57 PM
    Blackberry loyal to their user base? Is that a joke?
    08-27-15 07:59 PM
    Blackberry will continue to produce BB10 OS with hardware to satisfy the major companies and the Governments. Dropping the BB10 os altogether would be a disaster for BBRY. Android for consumers and BB10 for Governments, companies and BB loyalists.problem solved!
    08-27-15 08:05 PM
    BB 10 Os first. Android crap second.

  
    08-28-15 01:13 AM
    I will be the first in line to buy the new Android based device depending on the price. As long as its competitive, I am all in. I just hope they don't drag their feet and just get the device to market ASAP.
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-28-15 04:52 AM
    Blackberry will continue to produce BB10 OS with hardware to satisfy the major companies and the Governments. Dropping the BB10 os altogether would be a disaster for BBRY. Android for consumers and BB10 for Governments, companies and BB loyalists.problem solved!
    Major companies and government agencies have been switching to iOS and Android for a while.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-28-15 07:25 AM
    I think you can look at sales figures over the last two years...... and I don't think an end of BB10 would really affect too many "enterprise" customers all that much. As it sure seems that not very many Governments or Major companies have invested all that much into BB10.

And how many that have "invested" into the BB10 Platform, aren't already using other devices too. Many here that have said that BB10 was being used by their company, have said it was one of the choices. So I "think" that the number or "enterprise" customers that will be scrambling to replace BB10 devices will be very small.
    08-28-15 07:27 AM