RIM is looking to get back in the mobile game, how are they planning on doing it? Also, what new mobile operating systems are in the works? Here with her breaking analysis on the latest mobile trends is SiliconANGLE News Desk Editor Kristen Nicole.

*# Research in Motion has big plans to try to find its way back into the mobile market in 2013. RIM plans to release at least six BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013, beginning with an all-touch device and a phone with a Qwerty keyboard, which it will announce Jan. 30, according to CMO Frank Boulben. Kristen, what does the release of this many devices mean for RIM as well as its competitors?

*# RIM plans to eventually hit a range of price points at the high, middle and lower end of the market with its BB10 devices. Kristen, we talked yesterday about the possibility of Apple making a low-end iPhone. Do you think this is where the device makers are heading in terms of having devices available for any consumer budget?

*# While RIM is in free agency, so to speak, on which carriers they could partner up with, meaning they don't have any exclusive relationships for the BB10 products, three of the top U.S. carriers have indicated that they will be supporting BB10 devices. Who will RIM be partnering up with for these new devices?

*# Do you think this support demonstrates that the carriers have faith in RIM?

*# RIM has focused on BlackBerry 10 as the key to the company's future. BlackBerry 10 is a full redesign of RIM's existing BlackBerry operating system. Can you give us any details about the new platform?

*# The older BlackBerry phones had very limited app availability. What kind of app access will the new BB10 allow for?

*# Boulben recognized that RIM is taking a risk by introducing a new user interface with BB10. Considering that the BlackBerry has turned into almost an artifact since the evolution of all the smartphones over the past few years, do you agree with Boulben that a new UI is even a risk or rather a change based out of necessity?

*# @ Kristen, overall, how do you think the BB10 platform will be received by consumers and the mobile market in general?

*# @ Does RIM have a chance at getting back in as a true competitor?

*# Firefox's mobile operating system showed up on a mystery phone at a pre-CES event earlier this week. What can you tell us about the O/S and when is Mozilla planning to officially launch it?

*# What about the mystery device the O/S was loaded on? What kind of specs did it have?

*# Where do you expect Mozilla to try to implement the new Firefox O/S in terms of devices and geographic markets?

*# Yet another O/S is making its way into the mobile market. A mobile version of Ubuntu, a Linux-based OS appeared on some mobile phones at CES this week. This versions comes with a new UI adapted for smaller screens. What can you tell us about this new UI?

*# When could we start seeing Ubuntu phones on the market?

*# What's the plan for this O/S? Are any specific phones slated to run this platform or do we know of any compatible devices this will run on?
    01-11-13 07:25 PM
    +1....................
    01-11-13 07:54 PM
    I couldn't watch the whole thing, these people knew nothing and were just reading off a script. (That was poorly researched.)
    "May have a few hundred apps at release", this is the type of stuff that is ruining the RIM brand.
    ALSO if I'm not mistaken, its not pronounced Frank "Bul-ben", its Frank "Bou-ben".
    01-11-13 08:06 PM
    I didnt click anything the title is already wrong by default they think RIM just studyd android
    01-11-13 08:15 PM
    I am missing my oppotunity. I too could be an expert on the internet. Give me a subject and I could be an expert. expert= past squirt.
    01-11-13 08:32 PM
    I couldn't watch the whole thing, these people knew nothing and were just reading off a script. (That was poorly researched.)
    "May have a few hundred apps at release", this is the type of stuff that is ruining the RIM brand.
    ALSO if I'm not mistaken, its not pronounced Frank "Bul-ben", its Frank "Bou-ben".
    Same, I stopped watching as soon as they said it was a redesign of the current BlackBerry mobile operating system. No, it's a completely new OS. I'm wondering why I even watched this. I hate seeing misinformation of BB10 so close to launch.
    01-11-13 10:05 PM
    "it seems they are finally getting serious about their new mobile strategy" .....yeah starting about a year ago.
    "so many delays"...two delays, and one was a long time ago when not much was known
    "re-design of existing operating system" .....actually it is not just the current OS with a different design
    "overhaul"...yeah that would imply the OS was tweaked, updated, or changed. It wasn't. It's all new.
    "there will be several hundred apps available immediately on the market"....wrong number, and it's not market its blackberry world
    "they have become a little bit archaic".... Because it doesn't have photo filters sweetheart???

Is this a newscast made for a college media class???? They try and portray themselves as some worldwide network news broadcaster? I bet the second girl is in the room beside her.

Reading of slides, clearly just selected parts of recent articles mixed with mistakes/lies
    01-12-13 02:54 AM
    Same, I stopped watching as soon as they said it was a redesign of the current BlackBerry mobile operating system. No, it's a completely new OS. I'm wondering why I even watched this. I hate seeing misinformation of BB10 so close to launch.
    I almost give up on telling people this ever since the had problems with the BBX name I was like don't call it Blackberry 10 or anything that sounds similar to the old OS style and they did, then I was thinking to myself that many people will confuse it as an update to the old os... and quite clearly some do -.- it is a shame.
    01-12-13 05:56 AM
    RIM plans to release at least six BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013,
    Sorry but RIM could launch 100 new devices in 2013; there is no guarantee.

RIM plans to eventually hit a range of price points at the high, middle and lower end of the market with its BB10 devices.
    The last foray into this multi-tiered strategy went off the rails in the post Bold versus Curve era.

RIM is in free agency
    In other words, the is limited demand for the 'talents' offered by RIM. Aside from mafia-contracts with the carriers the playing field for RIM has always been pimp (carriers) to prostitute (RIM).

Boulben recognized that RIM is taking a risk by introducing a new user interface with BB10.
    The alternative is certain death in the marketplace with only the straggling zombies frantically waving around their BlackBerry smartphones.

In short, the breaking analysis is rubbish.
    01-12-13 09:52 AM
    "so many delays"...two delays, and one was a long time ago when not much was know
    The delays began in early Summer of 2011 when the company decided to release BlackBerry OS 7 and related smartphones to appease their long-suffering users when I became apparent a 2011 launch for BlackBerry QNX was not going to happen. Afterwards, a succession of delays affecting the recently-released BlackBerry PlayBook and their next-generation smartphone operating system initially named BlackBerry BBX. There have been numerous delays well above your lapdog apologist count of deuce. And do not give us the tired tripe about the "Mike and Jim Reign of Lies" versus the "Thorsten Reign of 'Hope and Change'."

The gauntlet has been thrown down and the gloves are off.
    01-12-13 10:05 AM