Hi there

Been an avid reader on these forums but this is the first time I am logging on to post something.

I was on a BB 9780 but sold it as OS6 was just horrribly laggy. I bought a Nokia 700 instead but turns out its too small for my large fingers when it came down to it.

I've been thinking about getting back into BB but a couple of things have been holding me back

1. I live in an area where I can only buy a BB off contract at full price. At this price range only the Curve series would be affordable to me. Which is the beat ?

2. Does it make sense buying a BB now considering what's happening. I wouldn't want to be in a position where I buy a BB today and BB itself doesn't exist in a few months

3. I need QWERTY. I tried the virtual keyboard on the Nokia 700 and it took me ages to compose anything. If not BB, which other comparable qwerty phones can I look at ?

4. I've been looking at Curve 9220 as that's the only one in my price range. Does anyone have experience with this phone and how different is it from Bold 9780??

5. Any suggestions or comments would help !!
    07-04-12 02:24 AM
    The 9220 will do everything (pretty much) your 9780 would, if not better as running BlackBerry 7. There are only two downsides that I can see. The first is that the 9220 is only a 2G device. This is fine for communication but web browsing will be slow.
    The second is the screen resolution. It will be less than you are used too but you will soon adjust. Overall it is a great budget BlackBerry.
    I hope this helps.
    07-04-12 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD