I will be purchasing the Storm next friday (hopefully!) and was wondering a few things:
    1. Does Verizon set up my email account there when I purchase it? I have two emails I need to set up, my work (which is why I'll be buying the BSE monthly package) and my gmail. Do I need anything to take on Friday?
    2. How long does it take for accessories to come out for the phones (skins or cases is my main question as for the most part, there aren't any as far as I can find specific to the Storm)
    3. Does Mobile IM allow me to access gchat and AIM contacts?
    4. Can I import my contact lists from my current phone (LG 8700) to the Storm or will I have to manually put them all in (gah)

Sorry for all the questions!
    11-13-08 01:39 PM
    The Storm hasn't been released yet, so you'd probably have better luck asking your provider (Verizon).
    11-13-08 02:57 PM
    Welcome to CB!

On the Verizon Wireless site they state that the Storm will be released 11/21/08.

I am new to the Blackberry world, but the Storm really looks cool. I can't trade up for 18 months, but I will still go in and play with it to see what it's like.

I'm sure the tech department at the store will help you set up your emails. I don't use Gmail, so I can't help you there. I'm sure someone will come along here and be able to give you some help. The store will also transfer over your contacts from your old phone to your BB. You will have to do your desktop setup when you get home.

As for accessories, Verizon doesn't really include much anymore. Just a charger and a sleeve (at least that's what I got). I think with the release of a new phone, there might be some extras thrown it.

Let us know how it is when you get it.
    Last edited by Jane_G; 11-13-08 at 03:07 PM.
    11-13-08 03:04 PM
    well if the storm comes out next week then youll be good to go, as far as skins i saw one for the storm at best buy last night. youll be able to set your own email up on it for gmail but your work email has to be doen through your work. you can download aim and gchat on your phone
    11-13-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD