1. AndiJoM's Avatar
    I am not sure where to post this because i a new ......
    Today around 6am cst (now 6pm) I spilt coffe on my BB 8310 .. I don't think it was much , bumped the desk and cooffee spilt over the rim....I picked up the phon turned it upside down and started hitting it on my hand to get the coffee out , I then took the battery out and cleaned it up some more < at best it was damp inside , BUT here is the bad thing with out thinking , just being scared I put the batter back in and powered up the phone , it did come on. every button I hit says There is no address book for this number (my cell #)
    si I took it back out and the phone has been under a heat lamp the rest of the day
    01-27-09 06:06 PM
  2. Jared DiPane's Avatar
    KEep the battery out. Put it in a bag of rice overnight and let it dry out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 06:08 PM
  3. AndiJoM's Avatar
    That is the thing i don't have any rice I have looked
    01-27-09 06:09 PM
  4. Username00089's Avatar
    Go to the market and go buy a bag of rice.
    01-27-09 06:12 PM
  5. AndiJoM's Avatar
    That would work , but he roads are iced over < it is still under the heat lamp
    01-27-09 06:18 PM
  6. Username00089's Avatar
    That would work , but he roads are iced over < it is still under the heat lamp
    Oh sorry about that.

    Maybe your neighbor? Lol
    01-27-09 06:19 PM
  7. Tremortality's Avatar
    Not to fond of the heat lamp (depending on the amount of heat it thows off). Rice or even the silica things that come in some products you buy (shoes, clothes, food or medicine) will work - anything to absorb a little moisture. I would keep the battery out for a while as well.
    01-27-09 06:20 PM
  8. msc2020's Avatar
    If you really can't find rice or borrow rice or buy rice, you can achieve the same thing by using dry oatmeal or dry cream of wheat ... either will absorb the moisture if you leave it overnight. Be sure to clean off the contacts afterwards and also MAKE SURE that your SIM card is dry and the sim contacts on your phone too.

    I would forget the heat lamp unless you plan to serve braised battery for dinner tomorrow night. Extreme heat and batteries don't go well together!!

    Hint: place coffee on OPPOSITE SIDE of desk from your BB in future
    01-27-09 06:26 PM
  9. AndiJoM's Avatar
    Not to fond of the heat lamp (depending on the amount of heat it thows off). Rice or even the silica things that come in some products you buy (shoes, clothes, food or medicine) will work - anything to absorb a little moisture. I would keep the battery out for a while as well.

    I have found two of them silica things , placed in zip lock bag
    01-27-09 06:37 PM
  10. AndiJoM's Avatar
    All and all at this point all < can do is sit and wait . have faith and pray it will be okay .
    01-27-09 06:45 PM
  11. Tremortality's Avatar
    That should do ya. I had this issue with my daughters phone. It was dead, I had nothing to lose so I used a hair dryer and added a bunch of the silica with rice and bingo it was up and running - long term effect from water damage is still unknown for me. I can only hope

    Best of luck to you and welcome aboard.
    01-27-09 06:52 PM
  12. AndiJoM's Avatar
    Thank you all so much for you help
    01-27-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD