On a trip from Niagara falls ontario to new York city, we had a 3 hour odyssey at the border. We were on Amtrak so they had hundreds of people to interview.

As they were scanning our passports , I noticed something very interesting. They had a scanning device and then a bold 97xx attached to it After they scanned the passport they would then navigate on the bold. Very cool.

I think this debunks another myth that all government agencies have moved to iOS or android. Good news for rim and berry fans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 10:54 PM
    Were these US or Canadian agents using the BlackBerry?
    07-03-11 10:56 PM
    There's a lot of u.s. Police forces using blackberries for various things. Check out blackberry youtube page and under case study they have like 2-3 videos of police using them.

07-03-11 11:27 PM
    I happen to be one of them, the BB's are issued to us, but a lot of us have an iPhone or an android as our personal phones. My 9700 sits in my assigned car and use my iPhone for everything. I do wish the 9900 changes all that for me and would love to use BB again full-time.
    07-04-11 08:19 AM
    On a trip from Niagara falls ontario to new York city, we had a 3 hour odyssey at the border. We were on Amtrak so they had hundreds of people to interview.

As they were scanning our passports , I noticed something very interesting. They had a scanning device and then a bold 97xx attached to it After they scanned the passport they would then navigate on the bold. Very cool.

I think this debunks another myth that all government agencies have moved to iOS or android. Good news for rim and berry fans.

It absolutely debunks the idea that other platforms have been adopted en masse. Fact is they haven't. Fact is that THE only platform approved for complete integration behind firewalls is BB/BES.

Not to say that there aren't *sandboxed* pilots. However, if it's going behind the DMZ/firewalls it's going to be BB/BES.

Any attempts to say otherwise is wishful thinking or donwright fantasies.

I love fantasies....but in this....nah.
    07-04-11 08:33 AM
    Were these US or Canadian agents using the BlackBerry?
    US for sure,
    Our Canadian Boarder patrol is still using telegraph and smoke signals
    Reed McLay likes this.
    07-04-11 08:44 AM
    US for sure,
    Our Canadian Boarder patrol is still using telegraph and smoke signals
    And Labatt Blue!
    07-04-11 08:07 PM
    I happen to be one of them, the BB's are issued to us, but a lot of us have an iPhone or an android as our personal phones. My 9700 sits in my assigned car and use my iPhone for everything. I do wish the 9900 changes all that for me and would love to use BB again full-time.
    You just "happen to be one of them." What are they ... I mean you using the BlackBerries for?

07-04-11 08:13 PM
    Hello,

I am a BPA here in SoCal. This past January, I was detailed to Nogales, AZ, where I worked with U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers using issued Blackberries to query databases at the I-19 checkpoint. While using ANY wireless device to run checks is surely quicker than calling them in over the radio, I was puzzled as to why they were given BB's. This morning I traded in my Boost Galaxy Prevail (android) for a BB Curve 8530, to hopefully be proven wrong about iOS and Droid primacy.
    07-04-11 10:46 PM
    now thats cool.but i have seen security and a lawyer at court use bb.
    07-04-11 10:52 PM
    It feels kind of good that BB is/appears to be accepted by folk who need a secure base for their communication systems, as new to this forum I am reading so much bad comments about BB particularly around the development of applications/behind the times, as I read in another post developers find it difficult to design, develope apps for BB, surely this is an advantage in a world which every day sees some new hack or other, just today in the UK we learn of how a dead girls phone voice mail was hacked and police thought she was still alive because the voice mails were deleted to make room for others, I await patiently the release of the new generation of BBs for myself and my family, can anone help me with security issue with BBM if it goes across platform and is it poss to backup/save the messages.
    07-05-11 03:38 AM
    PSNI, Northern Irish Police are also using blackberrys, usually hooked up to their bullet proof vests with an Otterbox Defender case and holster.

07-05-11 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD