It seems that BOLT has finally updated its browser to version 0.94.

Some changes ive noticed so far:

Somewhat re-designed home screen when opening the app.
    Finally fixed the poor scrolling on older model berrys.
    Also finally added a Stop option to the menu when a page is loading.

Well thats all ive noticed so far. If anyone else finds anything please let us all know.
    04-01-09 10:12 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Just reinstalled and WOW!! The scrolling
    is not only faster but better than the default browser. Finally
    close to a viable alternative to Opera Mini.
    04-01-09 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the heads up...
    04-01-09 10:38 AM
    Where do I go for upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks. Its good to see that they're slowy but surely updating it.
    Edit:Just open up bolt go to a website and it will prompt you to upgrade.
    Last edited by willy9e; 04-01-09 at 10:45 AM. Reason: ^
    04-01-09 10:44 AM
    Where do I go for upgrade.
    Bolt Browser
    04-01-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks. Its good to see that they're slowy but surely updating it.
    Edit:Just open up bolt go to a website and it will prompt you to upgrade.
    True, but there are so many things wrong with it, that it takes time to get all the fixes in.
    04-01-09 10:50 AM
    Been playing around with it. Much improved.
    04-01-09 10:54 AM
    I missed the last couple updates so it is also nice to see that
    the k/board shortcuts are starting to follow the conventions used
    in the default browser, i.e. T=Top of page, B=Bottom of page, etc
    04-01-09 11:00 AM
    much appreciated double tap for the Storm makes it very nice, used to mistakenly hit a link (a la iphone) and the zoom is bigger which helps alot lol
    04-01-09 11:04 AM
    This is much improved. The only thing stopping me from really using it is the lack of a "column" view for full Web sites. You have two choices with BOLT, desktop view where you have to scroll around or the mobile version of a Web site. Both Opera Mini and the BB browser offer a single column view of a full Web site--that's the one I use all the time and is missing from BOLT.
    04-02-09 08:16 AM
    I do like it better now. BUT one of the things I notice right away is lack of easy access to zoom. To go from full page view to zoom in you have to go to options change zoom size and then reload page. Though correct me if I am wrong and missed an easier way to do this.
    04-02-09 09:35 AM
    I missed the last couple updates so it is also nice to see that
    the k/board shortcuts are starting to follow the conventions used
    in the default browser, i.e. T=Top of page, B=Bottom of page, etc
    I agree. Smart move.
    04-02-09 09:52 AM
    My issue with it, is that it takes way to many clicks to do a simple web search which is my same problem with Opera mini. Personally, I don't spend hours surfing the net on my phone. I use it to do a quick search for something - I don't recall how many clicks it takes and I don't feel like counting again right this moment but it takes around 4 to 5 whereeas in the blackberry browser it takes 2 (click "g", type your search query, and click return). I can't even consider using Bolt or Opera mini until they fix that.
    04-02-09 10:59 AM
    I love it! Deleted om already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:01 AM
    Here is the feedback that I sent to Bolt (contact [at] boltbrowser [dot] com).

Version: Beta 2
    Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310

Thanks for the opportunity to try your software. Here are my comments from the small amount of time that I used it:

Pros
    ----
    + Pages render very quickly.

+ <space>, T, and B keyboard shortcuts (unique to BlackBerry) are supported.

Cons
    ----
    - The software is not signed, making me apprehensive about the safety of installing it.

- Repeatedly pressing (or pressing and holding) the back/escape button does not exit the application. This is a major violation of the BlackBerry GUI.

- Cannot enter text directly into text boxes on web pages. This is confusing and requires several extra unnecessary steps.

- Does not render Outlook Web Access properly. Links aren't detected. Could this be a CSS problem? As a comparison, it works in Opera Mini, but not in the native BlackBerry browser.

- Trying to submit feedback via the web page (Bolt Browser - Support, Windoze XP SP3, FireFox 3.0.8) results in an "Internal Server Error."

General
    -------
    In order to be viable for the BlackBerry, I think that a 3rd party browser needs to have significant advantages over the native browser application (and other free 3rd party browsers). While Bolt renders pages quickly, its advantages end there. It is basically a generic J2ME application that utilizes very little of the unique features of the BlackBerry operation system, making it cumbersome and hard to use. Perhaps the released version will be improved, but for now, I think the native BlackBerry browser and Opera Mini are better choices.
    Last edited by Bob G; 04-03-09 at 09:44 AM.
    04-03-09 09:37 AM
    I tried the bolt and I think it sucks horribly. The video streaming they have been pushing so hard doesn't even work on basic site i.e. MSNBC, CNN ect. When will the flash factor be fixed so we can get decent usage out of the (pretty good but not great) BB browser?
    04-03-09 03:45 PM
    The video streaming they have been pushing so hard doesn't even work on basic site i.e. MSNBC, CNN ect.
    Uhhhhh...... that would be a good thing.
    04-03-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";