01-17-09 05:50 PM
37 12
tools
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but typing in a URL lags so much.
    01-16-09 11:45 PM
    Yeah, I'm noticing the lag as well. Typing URLs and just moving the cursor. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna uninstall already.
    01-16-09 11:49 PM
    I like it but would like it better if there was a shortcut to take you to the top and bottom of the page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Pushing 2 scrolls up and 8 scrolls down. If you read the help file (menu > get help) it lists all manner of useful shortcuts.

ETA: it's not a page up function. Sorry. But it's faster than scrolling with the trackwheel.
    01-16-09 11:58 PM
    The other thing that bugs me is the uselessness of the back button. It does absolutely nothing. It also seems like things aren't cached like in Opera...has to reload every time you want to go back.
    01-17-09 12:13 AM
    Yea this browser is basically unusable as of now. I think it has a good base, but browser is too sluggish as a whole. Hopefully they will be updating bolt soon. I really like the concept of blot but its just that dam sluggish cursor.

01-17-09 06:21 AM
    Mine is very sluiggish as well. did anyone notice on Kevin's video that his cursor was super fast? Maybe it's because he's on a bold and most of the compaints I see are from the Curve's....which I have as well.... If you haven't seen his video, google "bolt browser blackberry" and it should be the first link that comes up...

anyways...just an idea...
    01-17-09 09:24 AM
    just installed it today. they said to install the unsigned browser - but the unsigned would not install on my BB. i had to use the dualsigned version.

the lag to input (typing and trackball) is anooying is crap, but it IS a beta. ill stick it out until a full version, hopefully it will get better.

EDIT: the lag seems to go away for me while the page is loading. but once it is done loading, and jstu displaying, it lags again
    Last edited by Saleen4971; 01-17-09 at 10:30 AM.
    01-17-09 10:27 AM
    Third time (requesting a link) was the charm for me. Unfortunately my experience is much like many others here with the actual browser - extremely sluggish cursor response, bordering on unusable. I got nowhere near the performance that Kevin got in the video.

I can't see keeping this installed as is. Maybe when there is an updated version I would give it another shot, but this thing seems so far off the mark right now that I will probably wait several updates before reinstalling.
    01-17-09 11:11 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Its fast but scrolling with the trackball is not that smooth. I'm also use to scrolling down a page by pressing the space bar, which I can't do with the bolt browser.

01-17-09 01:22 PM
    Impressive...yes. Impressed...no.

claire
    01-17-09 01:53 PM
    I agree pages load fast but trackball is sticky and very slow.
    01-17-09 05:46 PM
    Do you have Cheeto dust on your ball?

claire
    01-17-09 05:50 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";