Anyone using bolt? Seems to render pages nicely, but the issue I have is the cursor movement, seems slow, and hard to control. Now as fluid as bb browser.

Settings don't give me options to alter pointer, or cursor functions.

Also noticed that I'm low on memory, maybe that is jazzing things up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 03:39 PM
    I'm going to remove it, and go with the Opera Mini.

03-27-09 05:10 PM
    I personally like the Bolt Browser. Much better IMO than Opera. But there aren't any options to change the settings you mentioned above.
    03-27-09 05:19 PM
    I love the BB Browser, it's my one and only. lol
    03-27-09 05:35 PM
    I have used the Bolt browser, and it works. If you like it, then you're golden. Personally I keep to opera, but I wouldn't say Bolt is any less able
    03-27-09 05:42 PM
    Actually starting to think that I should just go with the bb browser, and just forget about bolt and opera. A mashup of these three browsers is what's needed.

The bb browser is not the fastest, but funtionaly it works the best, plus all the launchers use it, so I can't get away from it, and need the space on my memory, can't afford keeping the 3 browsers.

I don't understand why it is hard to get a browser developed that works on a bb with out issues, with the RIMM market share out there some developer would jump on this to capture user base - come on google and firefox, where are u guys.

03-27-09 05:45 PM

I don't understand why it is hard to get a browser developed that works on a bb with out issues, with the RIMM market share out there some developer would jump on this to capture user base - come on google and firefox, where are u guys.
    I agree, i run both opera and BB browser, i use opera for any surfing not launched from a link or by the BB.. I find it way faster...
    03-27-09 05:50 PM
    I have the same issue with the cursor. And typing into the address bar, can't get the second letter on the key.
    I like Opera except some sites clicking on a link takes me to the wrong page.
    BB browser is slow, and I don't like how some of the sites render. If qualities from all three could be combined it would be perfect.

03-27-09 05:56 PM
    I've used all of them but I always end up coming back to the bb browser. It does what I need.

03-27-09 06:22 PM
    BB browser first...Bolt for kicks. Opera is off my BB.
    03-27-09 06:27 PM
    I've uninstalled the Bolt browser. Runs slow and the curser move is a total pain.

03-27-09 06:28 PM
    I personally like the Bolt Browser. Much better IMO than Opera. But there aren't any options to change the settings you mentioned above.
    I like Bolt as well; I have never been a fan of Opera Mini actually.

03-27-09 06:29 PM
    I use BB browser 98% of the time, only use Opera mini if i come across a site the BB browser has issues loading.
    03-27-09 10:17 PM
    I had bolt and opera for a day. I couldn't stand how slow the cursor movement was. The bb browser has worked fine.

03-27-09 11:11 PM
    I use Bolt & BB Browser- Love them both. IMO Opera was worse than Bolt, Bolt works fast on my Berry.
    03-27-09 11:46 PM
    I have both Opera Mini and Bolt. I did not see any noticale difference in the speed. I read some international (non English) newspapers. BB Browser and Bolt sometimes cannot show the letters that are not in the English alphabet. Opera shows those characters. Therefore, I mostly use Opera Mini. OM is a very good browser although the curser move is not ideal.
    03-28-09 01:02 AM
    I found opera mini quite slow & couldn't get Bolt to work at all. It kept telling me I wasn't online (go figure!) So I uninstalled both & now I just use the bb browser. Its fine now I'm used to. It.

03-28-09 04:12 AM
    I downloaded a new bolt version and the cursor movement is much better. Going to eval whether its worthy of a position on my bb - space is at a premium you know!

04-18-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD