05-18-09 05:49 AM
- I'm having the same issue with Orange, I've moved from TMUK to PAYG with orange. My wifi works fine if i put the TM sim in the bold, it was working with the orange sim but it turned out (so they say) that BES & BIS were activated on my account (i want BIS). They turned off BES and wifi went. I couldn't use facebook and maps (which I could have lived without more than WiFi TBH).
I've posted on the blackberry forums, i'm not allowed to post the proper link but here it is so you can cut & paste it:
The latest I was fobbed off with yesterday is because the Bold doesn't support UMA. If that's the reason then why does it still work on TMUK and why did it work when you had BIS & BES activated?02-26-09 06:28 AM
- I haven't had any probs with my wifi....soon as I connect to it, it goes bold ie white and stays white....perhaps its because I'm running an unbranded mdel ie sim free and also running the 190 os. Anyways hope it all works out for u guys having probs with wifim
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-26-09 06:47 AM
- I'm on Bouygues Telecom in France and my wifi has hardly every worked for more than a minute or so. I have always had the same problem as the original poster.
I was told by Bouygues to upload the latest OS which i did. Still the same.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fed up with this.
I was in Italy last weekend, using the Hotel's fee wifi would have been great as browsing via the mobile network in a foreign country is outrageously expensive.
I can't even get online sitting next to my router here in the office.
Yet another entry in my "Very dissapointed with My Bold book" (book nearly full!!!)
Craig02-26-09 02:10 PM
- Similar issues reported here on the ATT network in San Jose, CA.
Connects to WiFi at work and at STarbucks/Barnes and noble fine, and STAYS connected. I can surf all I want for as long as I want.
At home however, I can surf between 2 and 10 minutes, then the wifi drops out. The icon still stays bright white though, and navigating to wifi connections, my home network is still connected. After several minutes, it will then turn grey (seems like its timing out).
All I have to do is uncheck wifi to disable it under connections, and recheck the box to enable it, and it'll reconnect, only to disconnect for the same 2-10 minute duration. I have noticed that when the cache goes up to about 1800kb this is when it tends to occur, although i've cached up to 2.3 mb before and did not have this issue. Wierd... nothing seems consistent.
Tried resetting router, battery pull, hard wipe and reprovision (i'm the BES administrator at work), and everything returns to normal. I would say it is my router, but I have 3 other wireless devices at home that do NOT do this, so if it IS my router, its the router AND the bold together. Dunno...
Very frustrating, as I do not want to spend money in this economy for another router to test. One thing I have NOT done is disable security on my router, but that is surely pointless.
I was able to follow the steps in the OP, and was able to navigate to get connected (As usual), but in the 5 minutes I am typing this message, I clicked a link in msn.com and had the icon turn grey on me, even though msn.com loaded perfectly. This is certainly ******** and absolutely frustrating.
My .0203-01-09 02:35 PM
- HI everyone, I just joined the BB club, and got Bold. As everyone else in this thread I am also frustrated with the wifi. It seems an issue and orange is my service provider as well. I have treid everything on the forums nothing worked in the end got to orange and to the RIM guys through them. Spend nearly an hour on the phone with him, for some reason he said they cant get my handset fully registered on thier system and hence the problem (apparently only 50% registered). Promised to call me back within 5 working days after troubleshooting with the high technical office (whatever that is).
This is for me to know whether anyone got this issue sorted out for good. If ther RIM guys dont get back to me and sort this out in the next 5 days. I am thinking of terminating my contract with orange and returning the handset.
Many thanks in advance05-04-09 04:21 AM
- just wanted to update and say that i have been having wifi problems from the beginning. i'm on the stock att os. .167. i tried using a 2wire router, no good, never got an ip addy, switched to a netgear router, connected, but lost it after 2 minutes or so. i went and bought a belkin N150 router, and voila! i'm up and running. i think the bold is very picky as to what router it will connect to. at work i use a linkysys with no issues, now i'm good to go again. as a side note, when i had the iphone 3g, it connected to the netgear with no troubles, 3 laptops and xbox 360 same thing, no problems at all. i did learn though that my sons nintendo ds would do the exact same thing my bold was doing, connect then disconnect. with the new router, he hasnt had any issues at all either!05-04-09 05:44 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to bring my other Bold here and activate it through BIS. If the wi-fi works like it's supposed to, it means it's a hardware issue on this one. If it does the same crap, has something to do with my router or maybe the phone lines.05-04-09 06:50 PM
- 05-04-09 08:17 PM
- Hi All,
Reading another thread on the BB community support forums it appears this issue is known and can be corrected by Orange. Something todo with a blackberry relay service.
Phone Orange business support on 328, explan you have BIS connectivity issues over WIFI and they should sort you out. Mine was back up in 10 mins after months of frustration...05-18-09 04:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD