Hi guys,

I'm new here and I'm having one **** of a time trying to decide on a blackberry I'm between the Bold and the Storm or do I wait for the 9630? I have heard the bold doesn't good build quality is this true? How bad is the storm for both software wise and typing on a day to day basis? I really want to like the storm but with all the bad things I hear about it i don't know.

Battery life is important because I plan to use it as a media device as well. So I need good battery life because I'd listen to about 2 hours of music each day. I would also type out a few long messages each day most likely. I do plan on using the Web broswer so that matters too.

Any advice would help, Thanks in advance.
    03-25-09 07:47 PM
    In the long run, I'd suggest a Bold. It's an all-around great device, and will last a while. The Storm is still not ready in my opinion, and the 9630 is sounding like a great option, but as of right now, the real battle is the Bold/Storm.

"Be Bold"
    03-25-09 07:53 PM
    Is there any Storm and Bold owners our there that have an opinion. Also is the Bold going to get OS 4.7.1 like the 9630? or is it pretty much stuck with 4.6?
    03-26-09 07:00 AM
    Does carrier matter?

If going for AT&T, then your only option (of the three BBs mentioned) is the Bold.

If going for Verizon, then you can currently get the Storm, but not the Bold. If you want a Bold-like device on Verizon, you'll have to wait for the Niagara (9630).

If you are looking at other US carriers, T-Mo won't have any of them (but you can get the Pearl Flip). Sprint and other CDMA carriers will eventually have the 9630 as well, but won't have the Bold or Storm.
    03-26-09 07:04 AM
    I'm in Canada and I currently don't have a plan with anyone. That means if I went with Bold I would be on rogers or I would be on Telus if I got the storm. Carrier dosen't matter that much to me as I'm in a populated area so both will get 3G where I am.
    03-26-09 02:43 PM
    Does carrier matter?

If going for AT&T, then your only option (of the three BBs mentioned) is the Bold.

If going for Verizon, then you can currently get the Storm, but not the Bold. If you want a Bold-like device on Verizon, you'll have to wait for the Niagara (9630).

If you are looking at other US carriers, T-Mo won't have any of them (but you can get the Pearl Flip). Sprint and other CDMA carriers will eventually have the 9630 as well, but won't have the Bold or Storm.
    You do realized the Curve 2(8900) came out for T-MO
    03-26-09 02:49 PM
    I'm on the Storm's side because I love it so much, but maybe you would want to wait until the 9630 comes out to try it for yourself, just so u don't have any regrets
    03-26-09 04:23 PM
    Well, I am sure Rogers/Telus has something where in the first 30 days you can try it out... and if not you can opt out of it. Why don't you try doing that for the Bold and Storm?

Personally, if you needed it right now, I would have to go with the Bold. The Storm is too buggy for me. As for the Bold, its an awesome phone that is really fast and can handle multimedia fine.

If you could wait, I would try out the Niagra 9630 to see if you like it. To me its between the Bold and the Niagra.
    03-26-09 04:32 PM
    Bold Is Good
    03-26-09 04:59 PM
    Does anyone really have an idea of when the Niagara is coming? Also how is the bold's build quality?
    03-26-09 06:06 PM
    I used the storm everyday, and i own 15 blackberry bolds, when I tell you the Bold cant touch the storm, its no lie. I have an unreleased version of the storm in the United States called the blackberry Storm 9500
    03-26-09 06:15 PM
    I used the storm everyday, and i own 15 blackberry bolds, when I tell you the Bold cant touch the storm, its no lie. I have an unreleased version of the storm in the United States called the blackberry Storm 9500
    Why do you own 15 if you don't mind me asking? Also how do they feel in the hand are they sturdy can take a drop?
    03-26-09 06:19 PM
    One of the biggest differnces is the touch screen. You might want to go to a retailer and play with both of them.

If you have yet to try a BB I'd suggest to just jump in with the storm. Its a fantastic device.
    03-26-09 06:31 PM
    Which device is faster? I've heard the Storm is Dual-core, is this true and is the Bold Dual core too.
    03-26-09 07:15 PM
    Which device is faster? I've heard the Storm is Dual-core, is this true and is the Bold Dual core too.
    I am not sure if the Bold is dual core or not, but it is the quickest BB I have ever own. Lag is virtually non existent on this thing. That won me over right away.
    03-26-09 07:17 PM
    Dislike the touch screen on the Storm and iphone...Love the BOLD but a bit bigger than I'd like...
    03-26-09 07:40 PM
    It seems that anyone with the storm recommends it but anyone that doesn't pretty much hates it. This is quite confusing.
    03-26-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD