hey all, as you all might of read my previous post I am in a dilemma! Do you bold users think its worth switching carriers to get the bold or should I stick with the curve??
    08-29-08 03:19 PM
    Id stick with the curve for a while because it's an amazing phone!
    08-29-08 03:59 PM
    The Bold is having problems on Rogers right now, so stick with the curve.
    08-29-08 04:03 PM
    Stick with the curve let the bold probs work out besides word is Vz gonna get the bold eventually just be patient

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 05:53 PM
    I would wait on the problems with the Bold to be worked out before getting one. Or wait for other model devices coming out also.
    08-29-08 06:06 PM
    I have a Bold and a curve, i dont know about anyone else who has commented... and I say go for the Bold. The Bold does not have any ''problems'', just a bug or 2 which can/will be fixed very shortly with os updates. Even with a so called ''memory leak'' my Bold is faster running a bunch of apps than my curve wihtout any apps running. If your contract is up wiht telsu, you might as well switch to rogers, if you have a few months left wiht telus you might as well hold off getting the bold. I myself am glad to be rid of my curve. Data/ voice at the same time is wonderful.
    08-30-08 08:39 AM
    If you're asking if its worth switching from VZW to AT&T to get the Bold, my answer is NO. A device is only as good as the network its connected to.

08-30-08 08:49 AM
    Wait so Verizon is gonna get the Bold?

08-30-08 09:17 AM
    If you're asking if its worth switching from VZW to AT&T to get the Bold, my answer is NO. A device is only as good as the network its connected to.

If you look at her carrier, and country you can see she is not reffering to verizon.

And all networks are better in some places and worse in others. Maybe for you verizon is better than at&t but thats not the case for everyone. Also its a proven FACT that gsm is better & faster than cdma.
    08-30-08 09:23 AM
    Wait so Verizon is gonna get the Bold?

yeah. about a year and a half after the last carriers on earth get it... just like with the Curve.

and they'll charge you extra per month to use wi-fi and gps.
    08-30-08 11:24 AM
    No one charges extra for WiFi!

08-30-08 11:33 AM
    Does anyonr know/think that alltel will get the bold before the Verison merger?

08-30-08 12:11 PM
    No one charges extra for WiFi!

You wanna bet Verizon makes it the first.
    08-30-08 12:20 PM
    Well, I personally would stick with the curve... at least awhile while the bold's bugs get worked out.
    08-30-08 02:22 PM
    I would give the Bold a few months to work out any bugs it may have. On the blogs here it was stated that the browsers have not worked that good. Dont flame, just relaying the findings. LOL My Curve has been rock solid, and i have upgraded the software as well.
    08-30-08 08:59 PM
    My personal belief is, if you're happy with your carrier, that's a far more important factor than getting a particular phone. If you're unhappy, or indifferent to your carrier, then sure, think about switching.

I tried the bold out in a Rogers store today, and I really didn't care for the keypad. It's the type with all the keys touching and I find I make a lot more errors on those. I played with the Curve today for quite some time, and I found it a real joy to type on. I'm on the verge of joining the Blackberry nation, and the time I spent today on the Curve pretty much sealed the deal for me as to what to get.
    08-30-08 09:12 PM
    I might eventually switch to the bold when it comes to Verizon. But for right now, I would NEVER switch to at&t from Verizon. Verizon is rated number 1 over At&t with coverage. GSM might be good and all but the CDMA network is just a lot clearer then at&t and thats from personally using at&t phones myself. ****. I would switch back to the first Razor before I would switch to at&t.

Nick
    08-30-08 11:23 PM
    Hmmmmm, I've been following this diccussion and... ... ... I just got my Curve, so by the time I can get an upgrade all the Bold bugs will be sorted. Still, I LOVE my Curve, no rush to switch.
    08-31-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD