Which is better in your opinion?
    12-26-08 09:10 PM
    I'm gonna go with the Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 09:14 PM
    I second the Bold notion. Not too keen on touchscreens.
    12-26-08 09:19 PM
    Go with the Storm. The bold looks like a giant calculater.
    12-26-08 10:46 PM
    Go with the bold because storm still needs some improvements to make it as good as the bold.

12-26-08 10:55 PM
    I actually got to play with the Storm christmas eve. It does come with a learning curve but after about an hour, I was missing my Bold. I couldn't type as fast and I'm really big on IMs. To be honest it felt a little cheap too and the send button actually came off. I don't know about the Bold being as big as a calculator coz it's almost the same size as the Storm lol.

12-26-08 10:56 PM
    I have both device's sitting in front of me right now and I will go with what a majority said above. Bold all the way. The Storm may look promising but if you want a touch screen phone the iPhone mauls it. If you want a Blackberry, get the Bold. Hands down.
    12-26-08 10:59 PM
    Which is better in your opinion?
    Best to ask if AT&T is better than Verizon? What good is a smartphone with poor coverage where you need to be. That wouldn't be very smart. I like the Bold hardware better, but it doesn't matter. Verizon is much cheaper for me when I roam in Canada on business.
    12-26-08 11:02 PM
    Best to ask if AT&T is better than Verizon? What good is a smartphone with poor coverage where you need to be. That wouldn't be very smart. I like the Bold hardware better, but it doesn't matter. Verizon is much cheaper for me when I roam in Canada on business.
    He is on Rogers, therefore Sprint could be better and it wouldn't matter to the OP.
    12-26-08 11:07 PM
    I would say the Bold. I've used the Storm and was not impressed. The typing is very counter-productive for me.
    12-26-08 11:09 PM
    gsm is the way to go so until the 9520 comes out im all bold.
    12-26-08 11:13 PM
    I'd go for the Bold hands down
    12-26-08 11:51 PM
    I've used them both... but when it comes down to it, I prefer the Storm.
    But then again that's just me.
    12-26-08 11:53 PM
    I've tried both.....and I would have to go with "Bold" all the way!!!
    02-16-09 07:01 PM
    Eh I like the storm, but its all about what is right for YOU when it comes to what device YOU buy.

02-16-09 07:25 PM
    Go with the Bold.

02-16-09 08:00 PM
    The Bold no doubt.......
    02-16-09 08:26 PM
    Depends-

First comes carrier. Are the Storm and Bold equally available to you? IMO these devices need to be phones first and foremost. Anything less that 100% in the coverage and no dropped calls category and I'm loosing business. Since I own the business, that isn't going to happen if I can help it. In my area, I could fall down a mine shaft somewhere and still get full bar coverage from VZW. It's the only carrier locally that foots that bill.

Second, how much e-mail do you handle day in, day out? I do a lot. 40-60 new messages fielded every day. I'm way faster on a keyboard than I am with any touch screen and my accuracy is much better as well. My thumbs know where those buttons are even in the dark or dim lighting conditions and I can punch out pretty accurate text or mail simply by feel most of the time. Honestly, how often do you look down at your laptop keyboard when you're typing? It's that way for me on my Curve as well.

I used a colleagues Storm for a couple weeks. He was on his honeymoon and I told him that I'd deal with his calls if I could play with his Storm while he was gone. (What are friends for? He wasn't so sure about being without his Berry but his new bride thought it was a great idea! ) At first I hated it but after that few weeks I got to the point where I only disliked it. Sure it has a few "issues" which are to be expected with any new product line. Worse yet, I never got to the point in SureType where I could take my eyes off the screen and use my typical QWERTY "Braile Method". I was always having to watch the keyboard which slowed me down significantly. If I used a Storm for a few months, this might improve with more practice, at least if I could tolerate the frustration of this learning curve. I also never did "click" with the click screen. It felt kind of cheap to me (purely subjective opinion). FWIW, I have an iPhone Touch and that touch screen is superior to the Storm (again IMO) in terms of accuracy and sensitivity. I was so glad to come back to my Curve whenever I got the chance during those two "Stormy" weeks.

Last, what is your frustration level? Can you handle the few bumps in the road that the Storm (may) dish out for you until RIM gets the kinks worked out? I don't have a lot of patience this way. My device needs to work and work well right out of the box.

So... longish story short answer to your question: Bold hands down! For me personally, VZW please bring the Bold to your network soon!
    02-16-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD