Since RIM doesnt give a damm about us and i am sure they are seeing whats going on in the Forums lets all decide not to buy the BOLD and send a signed letter by all of us saying if they cant treat us like they should as their best costumers so they should go and look for others
    the minimum they could have done is give us a aunch date but they are having fun looking at us bagging for thier handset which we are buying with top Money if you are for it put your thoughts in this forum
    Ran
    07-27-08 08:45 AM
    RIM is launching a top of the line, flagship BlackBerry. This isn't an iPhone my friend. This is an enterprise device that many business and government professionals will use for their very important issues. They will depend on it like they do on their 8800s or Curves or whatever BB they have now.

RIM needs to ensure that the software and hardware is perfect for launch. RIM has never had a "bad" launch, and if the first "bad" launch is with their 3G BlackBerry that they have been developing for over two years; it is going to be big trouble for this company.

Forums are forums. Too many speculating. RIM isn't delaying the Bold launch because they don't give a damn about their consumers. They are delaying the Bold launch because they want to make their consumers happy, keep them, and add new consumers.
    07-27-08 09:02 AM
    I agree with surreal. Also keep in mind that they are running a business here. They let out some information to get the public all pumped up and it has worked. They have all of us so excited about the release of their new phones that we are going to drop hundreds of dollars on these things when our phones are barely out of the boxes.

I congratulate rim and anxiously await the release of my new thunder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 10:10 AM
    What Surreal says is true but at the same time its a company, not a school project. They should set goals and work toward them. A release date will be a good reason to make sure that effort is doubled/tripled/quadrupled on a product release. If they hadn't put up the Bold enthusiastically on their website then I wouldnt even blame them because they're not responsible for satisfying cravings that arise out of leaked info/pics, etc but since they themselves have created the craving, its their responsibility to make sure that their product is released reasonably soon after.

Btw, as for Apple, they set goals and they make releases...end result ---> HAPPY customers. So I dont think its right to bash Apple when they should be commended for their work. Anyway, thats my opinion. To each his/her own.
    07-27-08 10:17 AM
    Not to mention the carriers set the launch date not RIM.

07-27-08 10:21 AM
    Not to mention the carriers set the launch date not RIM.

Only when RIM is able to provide devices!
    07-27-08 10:22 AM
    RIM is launching a top of the line, flagship BlackBerry. This isn't an iPhone my friend. This is an enterprise device that many business and government professionals will use for their very important issues. They will depend on it like they do on their 8800s or Curves or whatever BB they have now.

RIM needs to ensure that the software and hardware is perfect for launch. RIM has never had a "bad" launch, and if the first "bad" launch is with their 3G BlackBerry that they have been developing for over two years; it is going to be big trouble for this company.

Forums are forums. Too many speculating. RIM isn't delaying the Bold launch because they don't give a damn about their consumers. They are delaying the Bold launch because they want to make their consumers happy, keep them, and add new consumers.
    ITA I would prefer to wait and anticipate the release and know that the phone will work to the best of its abilities with little to no problems...then have the phone and have servers down or things not work the way they are supposed to.
    Im sure EVERYONE would be PO'ed if they got the phone and it didnt work ~ then people would be throwing a temper tantrum about how the phone wasnt doing what you needed it to blah blah blah.
    They will release it and those that want it will buy it and those that dont want it wont.
    07-27-08 12:55 PM
    Btw, as for Apple, they set goals and they make releases...end result ---> HAPPY customers. So I dont think its right to bash Apple when they should be commended for their work. Anyway, thats my opinion. To each his/her own.
    Kinda like the release of the iPhone 3G? The one where hundreds of thousands of happy customers around the world waited and waited for hours just to be told they couldn't activate their new phone because Apple was completely unprepared for the launch and their servers couldn't handle the load? Or are you refering to the thousands of happy customers that awaited the 2.0 firmware for their 1st gen iPhone that day that had their phones bricked?
    Last edited by Shao128; 07-27-08 at 01:37 PM.
    07-27-08 01:29 PM
    @shao: I think they are actually referring to the thousands of people who paid an additional hundred bucks to have Apple lie to them about their "sync" capabilities and lose their mail.

Yeah, maybe it'd be good if RIM didn't follow in Apple's staggering footsteps.
    Last edited by arteekay; 07-27-08 at 06:30 PM.
    07-27-08 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD