Just my 2 cents, but think of it this way...
    A lot of people like the curve, a lot of bussiness people are biased against it.
    The pearl was made for functionality first, and consumers second.
    The 8800 was made for hard core bussiness guys, the type where no cameras are allowed on the job.
    Were forgettin our buddy the 8700 that is unable to upgrade past 4.5 os( i.e there will be no 4.5 for ther 87xx)
    The bold is the new 8700, to be released first, than the kickstart, to replace the pearl, the niagra will leak more and we will find out it is the 8800 cameraless replacment, around the same time the javelin is released late 09.
    My take is short?

87xx>9000 bold(july 08)
    Big bold buttons( like the 8700) a big bold model to make the 8700 guys happy
    WITH A CAAMERA!!
    --
    81xx>9100 kickstart(november 08)
    New camera, new os, more consumer friendly
    --
    83xx>9300 javelin(february 09)
    Spaced out keys, upgraded camera and os, smooth look (I bet its real name will be the "blackberry sleek" aha) just like a curve in a seidio hardcase, is what it looks like. Very pleased.
    --
    88xx>9800 niagra(april 09)
    No camera, new os, fast processor, probably budled softeware, super bussiness blackberry
    Ak>9500
    Touchscreen blackberry based on the 8800/9800/9000
    With a touch screen. Already an apple killer as it stands, COPY AND PASTE ahah

Thanks

That's my 2 cents, or a dollar, however you take it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 06-23-08 at 11:25 PM.
    06-23-08 11:21 PM
    But doesn't the Bold have everything the Javelin has, plus it's 3G?
    So why does that make the Javelin the replacement for the Curve?

There is a similar thread in the Bold 9000 section. I still don't get it.
    Last edited by Miss.Horrible; 06-23-08 at 11:41 PM. Reason: i before e
    06-23-08 11:39 PM
    Just my 2 cents, but think of it this way...
    A lot of people like the curve, a lot of bussiness people are biased against it.
    The pearl was made for functionality first, and consumers second.
    The 8800 was made for hard core bussiness guys, the type where no cameras are allowed on the job.
    Were forgettin our buddy the 8700 that is unable to upgrade past 4.5 os( i.e there will be no 4.5 for ther 87xx)
    The bold is the new 8700, to be released first, than the kickstart, to replace the pearl, the niagra will leak more and we will find out it is the 8800 cameraless replacment, around the same time the javelin is released late 09.
    My take is short?
    Business people aren't biased against the Curve. That's just opinion. The Pearl was made in attempts to win over general consumers, hence the first "phone" form factor and camera. It doesn't make sense when you say the Pearl was made for "functionality" (I still argue against the usage of that word). All phones, especially Blackberry, are made with some specific set of functions in mind. The Bold is more like the new 88xx series than the 87xx series... the keypad, size, and style is far closer to the 88xx series than anything else.
    06-24-08 12:19 AM
    when i say functionality i mean, it has the ability to to everything the old phones could do, and a little more.
    in the 8000 family of phones, they created 2 new ones, 8300, 8800.
    if the blackberry 8800 is the "right" blackberry , that the pearl is the "left"

RIM, rushed the first pearl. basically gave the 7100 a new case and os and said " here ya go. whops forgot the media card slot"
    They had a consumer phone with half a media player and no media card.

they released the 8800, to fix what the did to the pearl, and being a completely different set of people buying the phone, none of the 8800 users ever got to experience how rushed the pearl was.
    they got everything they needed, the media card, and the os, gps, and the 8800 people are more than happy.
    they pearl needed to be fixed, so they made the 8110, 8120, added everthing that needed to be added, to 8100 that was in comparable usability to KEVIN from crackberrys 9000 prebuild.

the curve was put out to do exactly what it looks to to. fit it.
    it has the best of both worlds that nobody else wants.
    some pearl owners wont us a qwerty. some 8800 users wish for a camera.
    the curve is just in the middle, juuuust right. the "untimate current blackberry" if you are looking for an allaround job.

the reason blackberry made the 8300 and the 8800, wasnt to replace the 8700. they were made to compliment the pearl.
    skip ahead
    the reason rim is making the kickstart, 9100, is to continue the, 7100-8100 series.
    the reason rim is making the javelin, 9300, is to continue the, 8300 series. the 8300 is the first of its kind.
    the reason rim is making the bold, 9000, is to continue the, 72xx-87xx genre of blackberry. the big easy to type on, wear on you hip type of blackberry.
    the bold is and unworthy replacement for the 8800. it simple isnt stricly business like the 8800.
    and the 8800 being a new phone in itself needs a successor.

if you dont understand whatever, i know it doesnt make sense for rim to put a camera on the 8800. it makes perfect sense on the 8700.
    now they can have curve competition.(aka bold vs javelin) will come down to just the keyboard.

but no matter how you put it, the 8800 has to be repplaced by a sleek, dark, cameraless blackberry that screams RIM.
    not the flashy bold that screams BOLD.

the kickstart is for the people that want theyr itunes at school.
    the javelin is for the all around job.
    the bold is for the business world with a camera
    \the niagra is strictly business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 01:46 AM
    But doesn't the Bold have everything the Javelin has, plus it's 3G?
    So why does that make the Javelin the replacement for the Curve?

There is a similar thread in the Bold 9000 section. I still don't get it.
    it's being made for ppl who don't wan to kick for the Bold...it's going to be cheaper...RIM is just covering all their bases...
    06-24-08 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD