My phone is connected to wifi and Internet works for like 2 min and then stops. I can restart my phone or delete the wifi network or reset the wifi settings then it works for 2 min and then I have to do the same thing. I want a permanent fix I'm tired of this . There is a problem with app world and Facebook app not know about other never used it. To make them I have to pull the battery out then they work. Then after like 10 min of so they are gone too.
    04-04-12 09:35 AM
    ...and i assume you have reset the router?.. i get this type of problem frequently with the ipad and resetting the router clears it for a couple of months.
    04-04-12 10:00 AM
    do you have other wireless devices?
    04-04-12 11:24 AM
    Yep, sound like a router issue, try to rest it & see what happens.
    04-04-12 11:31 AM
    I had that problem with a Dlink router and my old Bold 9000. When I got a new router, the problem went away.
    04-04-12 11:38 AM
    it doesn't only happen at home it also happen at other place such as at school or any other
    04-04-12 08:44 PM
    Tell us more about your router.
    04-04-12 08:54 PM
    Tell us more about your router.
    Asus router wl 520gu I doesnt work with another either. My brother has a iPhone it works perfect with this router or any other computer I have
    04-05-12 10:47 PM
    @ the OP - The 9900 has an issue with long passwords on WiFi using WPA2. If that's what you're using, just shorten the password and you'll have your WiFi working properly again. Took me forever to figure this out. I was using a 64-character password and went to a 10-character password to fix the issue. I had the exact same issue as you do.
    04-06-12 12:13 AM
    @ the OP - The 9900 has an issue with long passwords on WiFi using WPA2. If that's what you're using, just shorten the password and you'll have your WiFi working properly again. Took me forever to figure this out. I was using a 64-character password and went to a 10-character password to fix the issue. I had the exact same issue as you do.
    It is only 8 digits NEED HELP IM PISSED OFF BY THIS ISSUE anybody?
    04-13-12 08:13 PM
    I had this same problem. It happened at different locations using different branded routers both with short and long passwords. I realised it started happening after I updated the OS, it was updated from Stock but cannot remember which OS did it. It may have been a bad install or something else. I manage to resolve it by updating to 342 and now everything is fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 02:57 PM
    If you are connecting to many devices on the router sometimes these things happen. Try restarting the router instead of turning your phone off, that should fix your problem
    04-14-12 03:31 PM
    You might have had a bad IP address. If the modem you're trying to connect to is a private network, these are the valid IP addresses that your modem can give:

10.x.x.x
    172.16.x.x
    192.168.x.x

"x" can be a number from 1 to 255.
    these IP addresses may not be globally unique since it is the modem's DHCP whos assigning the IP address.

From your device, try to send a ping by going to Wifi Setup, press menu and choose troubleshoot.

192.168.1.1 is the IP address of my router, it can be changed to a website address (e.g. http://www.crackberry.com) to see if you can ping out.

If you can ping your router, that means you are connected to it and if you can ping a website, that means you are connected to the internet.

Its a different issue if you can ping but you can't browse.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 03:48 PM
    I have setup a WPA2 key that's so long as 63 words/digts whats not and i never had this problem, i would suggest you to power off the router for some minutes and plug power cord back and see if that helps, if that didnt try without key?
    04-15-12 05:35 AM
    Hi all, I'm just new here. I am also having the same problem. When connected with wifi. It works for a few minutes, some times 5 some times more. It happens on all wifi connections weather at home or traveling. With a open network or a secured one. If I turn the wifi oFf on the phone then on again it works again for another few minutes. It is realy frustrating so if any one has a solution it would be aprieciated.

Oh by the way I am using a 9900 bold and have tried allsorts of updates.
    Thanks

Marc
    08-22-12 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD