My previous Bluetooth smartphones (last I had was an HTC Excalibur - T-Mobile Dash), once paired, would automatically establish a link with my Acura TL's HandsFreeLink as soon as I turned on the engine or auxilliary power. With the Blackberry I have to go to the phone and "click on the "Yes" prompt to establish the link.

Am I missing a step somewhere or is this the status quo?

TIA

Andrew
    02-20-10 08:04 PM
    what you need to do is sit in the car and let it connect to the blue tooth. after it connects you need to go to device property's for the hfl on the phone and change the setting to trusted. I run into this alot with the blackberries on the acura models. i am an acura tech and the blackberry are set to link to the bluetooth on prompt which is the way you are describing. do you understand what i am saying?
    Perfectly. It works exactly as you described.

I am grateful for your help.

Andrew
    02-22-10 08:10 PM
    your welcome. thats what crackberry is all about, helping others. glad you understand how i described it.
    I wonder if you could advise me on a similar problem. I have an Audi A6 and my previous Curve worked perfectly with the Bluetooth interface. I have just bought a Bold 9700. I have twinned the car and phone and allocated the car 'trusted' status in the settings. However, every time I get in the car, it does not automatically connect. I have to do a manual connection. Worse still, if I make a call, when I hang up, it immediately drops the connection and I have to do a manual connect again!

Do you have any ideas on what the problem might be?

Many thanks!
    03-05-10 05:02 AM
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but hondaeatingtsi, maybe you can help me out with my problem. I have a 2008 MDX and a Storm II. I have always had the problem where when I dial a call from my BBY (either through contacts, speed dials, links in emails, etc.) the HFL doesn't connect the call audio, and I have to manually connect it EVERY SINGLE TIME I MAKE A CALL. If I call through the HFL by using the voice dial phonebook or even just calling out digits to the HFL it connects fine.

Also, when I receive a call, if I answer it from the BBY, audio goes to BBY earpiece, not HFL, unless I answer from the steering wheel control. It has always done this since I first bought the car back when I had a Storm I on 4.7 OS. It also does the same thing on my girlfriend's Samsung BlackJack WinMo 6.1 phone.

My girlfriend just recently got a 2010 TSX and the HFL works PERFECTLY with my Storm II (and her phone but it's WinMo and not a BBY so gives a crap). I have called HFL numerous times to complain/beg for an HFL upgrade but they are completely useless. The dealer I go to for service is even worse when it comes to HFL.

I am a computer engineer and I have tried EVERY possible combination of settings that I can think of so I doubt it is something obvious like diable Bluetooth encryption, etc. I know this thing is upgradable somehow, but I don't know how to do it or where to take it to have it done.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as HFL support and my dealer's suggestion was to buy a new car, and clearly that's not going to happen.
    03-19-10 04:09 AM
    I bought a new Honda civic Hybrid and paired my BB Tour without problem and all worked like a charm. Then that BB broke and I upgraded to a Bold. I can pair it but when I try to call from the HFL system it tells me "Deborah's phone is in use," and won't dial. I have to dial the phone and then the audio goes to HFL. Anyone have any suggestions?
    07-31-10 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD