Aloha Community,

for quite a while I am using a Bold 9000 and I really love this device. Especially the flexiblity (even without BES / BIS...) and the great keyboard.

However, I am seriously considering to buy a new BB and am torn between the Bold 9780 and the Storm 2.

BOLD 9780
    ----------
    + I know the bold and love it
    + I love the keyboard
    - I heard that there have been some serious quality issues with devices manufactured in Hungary and a lot of people talked about the need to replace their models 2-3 times because of the quality

STORM 2
    --------
    + Touchscreen rocks!
    + Larger Display (e.G. for Video-Watching)
    - I have been using a Samsung S5230 before the Bold and the touchscreen was broken after 11 months. So I am afraid regarding the durability of touchscreen in general.

I am using my phone for
    - Phone
    - SMS
    - Browsing
    - RSS Feeds
    - Social Networking (SocialScope; Facebook / Twitter)
    - Watching Videos (on the train)
    - Listening to Music

So now is your turn: What Model would you recommend and why? Any other suggestions besides Bold 9780 or Storm 2?

Thanks in advance for your help
    03-07-11 07:16 AM
    Not the Storm 2.

Just. Not the Storm 2.

If you want the touchscreen so badly, go to the 9800.
    Carrier doesn't seem to be a problem because the 2 phones are of different networks.
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    03-07-11 07:19 AM
    I went from the Storm 2 to the Bold 9650 (which is basically the same thing as a 9780) and I never once missed the Storm. For one thing no OS6 on the Storm. The screen is bigger but like deathcommand said if you really want a big screen get a Torch.

Of all the BlackBerry devices currently for sale by carriers in this country the Storm 2 is the worst. I would honestly recommend any of them over the Storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 07:32 AM
    I'm a bit confused. The 9000 is a GSM phone, right? While the 9780 is, too; however the Storm is a CDMA phone. How are you gonna pull that one off? If I were you, I would stay far away from anything named 'Storm.' Get the 9780. It's very sexy and would be mine if I weren't on a CDMA carrier.

03-07-11 07:46 AM
    Never a storm. N-E-V-E-R.

I mean I know some users have it and love it, but really... If you have the choice, get the Bold.

And if you REALlY want a touch screen, then go for the Torch.

03-07-11 12:20 PM
    Why not a storm 2??? From his list of "uses" it would be far better for him. I know the storm name is a pariah, but how much of that is based on fact or group mentality. I rock the original storm and it does exactly what he wants w a much bigger screen and without fail. I can only assume the 2 is even better w more memory and wifi.

03-07-11 02:21 PM
    The storm 2 wasn't a bad phone. It just got screwed out of os6. So now its about the wrost BlackBerry you can buy. Like said earlier if you want a big screen and carriers don't matter why on earth would you not just get a Torch?

03-07-11 03:26 PM
    If you want a storm, wait for the storm 3. I've never had a storm, but everyone I know who has says they're an epic fail.
    03-07-11 05:36 PM
    To answer Witmen I didn't say anything about the torch cuz he didn't ask about one maybe he can get one of the two he is talking about cheap? For the post above I know two others with a storm (one w storm2) and they would disagree about theirs being an "epic fail". Nonetheless I am patiently waiting for the S3 myself as I'm due for upgrade in the summer.

03-07-11 05:48 PM
    The bold is better, in my opinion. I got the 9700 and the 9780 is basically the same thing. Plus if you drop your phone then your screwed.
    03-07-11 05:50 PM
    I think you should go with the 9780. Because storm 2 doesn't have OS 6. And if it was 9780 or storm 3? I would pick the storm 3. But if you like a keyboard,with a touchscreen. And an updated bb.. U should wait for the bold touch.

03-07-11 06:14 PM
    Folks, thanks for all your help and answers. I've just klicked the Bold 9780, then
    03-08-11 04:38 AM
    I think you made the right choice!
    03-08-11 08:55 AM
    Just received my Bold 9780
    But now I am stuck with the batter door. Can't remove it.
    I have been watching 2 Vids von Youtube but the damn cover is so tight. Arghel.
    03-10-11 03:48 AM
    Push down on the battery cover (ie: if the phone was lying face down on a table, you'd push your fingers down towards the table) then slide it.

I hope you like the 9780, it's a great phone. I went from a 9000 to a Storm 1, and right back to the 9000 soon after! I didn't like the 97xx at first because it was so small compared to the 9000 but now....love it!
    03-10-11 04:39 AM
    Just copying my data from the 9000 to the 9780. Wooohoo
    03-10-11 05:23 AM
    Be careful with the Storm series...not very good devices.
    03-12-11 02:40 PM
    None of the above. Especially not the Storm 2.

Aloha Community,

for quite a while I am using a Bold 9000 and I really love this device. Especially the flexiblity (even without BES / BIS...) and the great keyboard.

However, I am seriously considering to buy a new BB and am torn between the Bold 9780 and the Storm 2.

BOLD 9780
    ----------
    + I know the bold and love it
    + I love the keyboard
    - I heard that there have been some serious quality issues with devices manufactured in Hungary and a lot of people talked about the need to replace their models 2-3 times because of the quality

STORM 2
    --------
    + Touchscreen rocks!
    + Larger Display (e.G. for Video-Watching)
    - I have been using a Samsung S5230 before the Bold and the touchscreen was broken after 11 months. So I am afraid regarding the durability of touchscreen in general.

I am using my phone for
    - Phone
    - SMS
    - Browsing
    - RSS Feeds
    - Social Networking (SocialScope; Facebook / Twitter)
    - Watching Videos (on the train)
    - Listening to Music

So now is your turn: What Model would you recommend and why? Any other suggestions besides Bold 9780 or Storm 2?

Thanks in advance for your help
    03-12-11 07:20 PM
    not the storm everyone i know that HAD a storm has nothing but problems and dust gets under the screen
    03-12-11 08:09 PM
    The S2 was a lot better than the S1....I wonder how many people have actually used a S2 on here that posted...

You made a better decision with the 9780 though as I still favor the Candy bar style over TS due to Physical Keyboard.

Enjoy man!

03-13-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD