I have noticed sometimes this board is extremely slow, and I was looking at the members list and noticed tons of members with 0 posts and what not.

That is something a forum I used to frequent did to speed the board up was go thru see when ppl with 0 posts (or ones with multiple posts and havent been logged in for more then a year) last logged in and wipe them out if it had been a while...

Any thoughts on this?

(I know this is not general blackberry discussion, but I couldn't find anywhere else to place this thread...
    12-08-08 07:18 AM
    I agree. I use the wap forums from my desktop because the regular version is soooooo slow.
    Something DOES need to be done.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 08:10 AM
    I have noticed sometimes this board is extremely slow, and I was looking at the members list and noticed tons of members with 0 posts and what not.

That is something a forum I used to frequent did to speed the board up was go thru see when ppl with 0 posts (or ones with multiple posts and havent been logged in for more then a year) last logged in and wipe them out if it had been a while...

Any thoughts on this?

(I know this is not general blackberry discussion, but I couldn't find anywhere else to place this thread...
    It's not the 0 post people that slow the board down, it's the bazillion Storm people.
    As Kevin has said, some of the biggest contributors of wallpapers and themes have 0 posts in this forum, there are also alot of the original members that helped make this place is what it is today that still check back from time to time. I don't think there would be any forum speed gained by alienating them...
    just my .02
    12-08-08 08:23 AM
    Already been discussed. Please note this thread for any further information. Admins and mods have spoken...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f19/time-outs-73644/

Also any problems with the board, you can post in site and bug reporting at the bottom on the main forum page.
    Last edited by yester18; 12-08-08 at 08:28 AM.
    12-08-08 08:26 AM
    those people sitting in the database doing nothing aren't hurting anything.. The only thing it would hurt is the access time to see the members list..

They recently added some servers and such and forum speeds are lightning fast now..

I am not sure what browser you use on your pc but im on my macbook with firefox 3 the pages load almost instantly.
    12-08-08 08:27 AM
    Being that I am an active member that comes on a daily basis, it pains me to not be able to log into CB for hours. Wether it's the site itself or internet traffic it might make it easier to log in. If your a member since Jan. 07 and have 0 post maybe you should be deleted. I think it obvious that you don't plan on making a post. I'm not talking about the member who post WP/Themes cause they make an entry. Just my $.02 also.
    12-08-08 08:28 AM
    Also the forum problems have already been address on t he main Blog page.... They are working on it

http://crackberry.com/re-forum-slowness-were-working-it
    12-08-08 08:36 AM
    My fault... didn't realize that it was already talked about, I tried a quick search and didn't find anything... my fault
    12-08-08 09:21 AM
    My bad, didn't see the post on the front page as my bookmark takes me straight to the forums...

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD