i hate to ask this question, im sure there is a simple answer but i have tried to connect my 8330 with my brothers 8330 and a co-workers 8310 via bluetooth to transfer pictures and media files. it wont let me transfer any type of file. although i can connect via bluetooth to any other bluetooth enabled phone with no problem, the only time i have trouble is when i try to transfer files between two blackberries. any help would be appreciated
    01-05-09 06:10 PM
    Last time I did this I had to make sure both devices were enabled then when I tried to pair I had to type in a 4 digit pin. I just used 1234 on both and it worked. Not sure if this will resolve it for you but its worth a shot.
    01-05-09 06:36 PM
    Not sure what your problem is... I'm assuming you've set the receiving bb to "receive file by bluetooth" in the media menu?

If so then, I'm not sure. But I have a hunch. Have either of the BBs had their bluetooth names changed from their defaults? Maybe they don't like both being called Blackberry 8330. If you haven't, you could try renaming one of them.

Good luck
    01-05-09 06:36 PM
    yes both have been changed and i have typed the four digit code in to connect them, they are fully connected its just when i try to send a file it says transfered failed
    01-05-09 06:55 PM
    I just figured this out for my bb and my wife's bbe...Here's what you do on the receiving bb: go to the media folder and hit menu then select receive via bluetooth. Next go to the sending bb and highlight the file you would like to send and hit menu then send via bluetooth(keep in mind the receiving bb needs to be visible)
    04-27-09 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD