Has anyone come up with a real solution for getting a bluetooth headset (Plantronics 650E) to work with voice dialing? I've done a lot of searching and it looks like this has been a problem for a while accross many BB models. I have the newest BB (8350i) with the latest OS and you'd think that RIM would have addressed it by now. I admit I'm new to BB and this forum but am I missing something? Between this and the texting problem I'm really frustrated! I want to love this phone so much but these two issues are driving me crazy. Help please!
    01-03-09 01:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem - Tech services tells me that the 8350i is not adapted to accept voice dialing from a Bluetooth headset, and that there are no immediate plans to develop the RIM software to do so. The only hope is to find some 3rd-party software, which I have not yet been able to do.
    What type of texting problem are you experiencing?
    01-03-09 04:59 PM
    Please let us know what you find. The text problem is the same one that most 8350i users are having in that we can't receive text messages without turning the phone off and then back on. I have found that if I pull the battery first thing in the morning and don't turn the phone off I can receive them all day. I think that is ridiculous for a "smartphone".
    01-04-09 01:15 PM
    Don't know about the 8350 but I've had no problems using VAD on BB 8310 and BB 8700 using various models of BT headsets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 02:39 PM
    Having the same issue, I notice that VAD works fine withour the headset (BT3030) I hear the prompts and everything, but as soon as I put the headset on it doesn't work. For some reason the mic and speakers are not on when going into VAD. Very frustrating, Your right Baxter007 with latest OS you would think that RIM would have this fixed.
    01-04-09 10:32 PM
    I have the Motorola H12 headset and the Curve 8310. Voice dialing works almost flawlessly. I say "almost" because on one occasion out of the many times I've used it the headset heard "home" when I was saying "mobile." Beyond that one hiccup, no problems.
    01-05-09 10:17 AM
    I have no problems with a cheap headset and voice dialing...I love the voice dialing with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:55 AM
    I just got an 8350i too, and the voice dialing via headset does not work either!
    01-10-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD