Hello everyone, new to Blackberry and Crackberry. I recently purchased the 8830 World Edition and a bluetooth ear piece (LBT730Z from LG), it works fine if I dial a number and use it as just an earpiece, HOWEVER; the real reason I got it is so I can voice dial while driving, (you know, press the button and say "Dial Joe"...but when I press the button on the earpiece, the Blackberry just says Initializing voice dial,...and THAT'S IT!...it stays like that until I press end. Is there a setting for this or is it the ear piece? Please help, thanks!
    07-26-07 09:12 AM
    If you can not get that earpeice to work, the motorola H550 has the features you are looking for. I use the motorola H550 with my BB 8800 and it work great! That's just another option if your current issue can not be resolved.
    07-26-07 09:29 AM
    There is no setting that will help you. Try doing a battery pull and see if that clears it up. I've heard of this before and that seemed to do the trick.
    07-26-07 09:30 AM
    So pull the battery out of the phone?
    07-26-07 09:37 AM
    Hello everyone, new to Blackberry and Crackberry. I recently purchased the 8830 World Edition and a bluetooth ear piece (LBT730Z from LG), it works fine if I dial a number and use it as just an earpiece, HOWEVER; the real reason I got it is so I can voice dial while driving, (you know, press the button and say "Dial Joe"...but when I press the button on the earpiece, the Blackberry just says Initializing voice dial,...and THAT'S IT!...it stays like that until I press end. Is there a setting for this or is it the ear piece? Please help, thanks!
    I use the JawBone BT Device and it brings up the voice dialling automatically as soon as you press the button on the earpiece. If yours does not work after pulling the battery, then it just might be that your BT earpiece does not offer that feature.
    07-26-07 09:50 AM
    Jabra BT 500, no problems either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-07 11:50 AM
    You guys are the best, the battery pull worked like a charm and now the Blue tooth is working flawlessly, so fast to respond! Thanks again, I am so happy to be a part of this site now....
    07-26-07 05:40 PM
    I had been using another device prior switching to the JAWBONE. I think the 8830 needs the old CTRL-ALT-DEL (battery pull) reboot to forget it's bluetoot connection parameters. Must be some old Microfost developers working at BB

jim
    Last edited by jimmyv; 08-26-07 at 10:46 AM.
    08-26-07 08:40 AM
    Hooray for the battery pull trick! This same issue has been frustrating me for a week now...!
    10-22-07 12:29 PM
    Hey - came across the battery pull option as I was experiencing the same issue and very pleased to find that it works. However, it does seem a little crude. Have also found that the phone (8130) goes into lala land once in a while (spinning hourglass) and it also seems to require a battery pull to reset. Any ideas...?
    12-06-07 08:17 AM
    We have three blackberry phones including 8830, storm and pearl.

We are using blackberry VM 605 bluetooth visor mount speakerphone.

After a few days, all three phones stopped responding to voice activation.

We unpaired the phones and again paired the bluetooth device. It seems like the problem is fixed.

For how long, we do not know.
    10-27-09 07:53 AM
    I just got a Jabra 530 to use with my 8830 and at first thought the voice dialing wasn't working. Discovered that you have to press and hold the Call button on the headset for about 1 second to activate voice dialing.

The Jabra has three gestures:

Tap - press briefly and release
    Press - hold for one second
    Press and hold - hold for 5 seconds

So it's the second one that activates voice dialing.
    02-06-10 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD