Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

95 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bluetooth for two

I wonder if anyone knows of a bluetooth headset that can sync to two devices and allow you to select which device you want to sync with. I carry a PlayBook and a Torch 9600 (waiting for the Zed10 ... which btw really sucks if you are in Australia). I have one Motorola S10 and I can register with both devices. But there are times I want to link with the Torch and other times to the PlayBook. To swap between the two depending on my preference for the moment is a frustrating experience.

Secondly, when linked to the PlayBook, and a call comes in... my PlayBook volume goes quiet and the display informs me of an incoming call but I can't switch to take the call. I have to fumble around to answer the call.

Does anyone know of a bluetooth headset that can do this? OR, does anyone have the resources to bring this to market!
    CrackBerry Abuser

236 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Default Bluetooth for two

Blueant Q2 V1.1 connects to two devices.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

87 Posts

I have a Jawbone Era paired with my work phone and 9900. I can answer calls on both and the Era can even stream music. Give it a try, was definately worth it for me.
    CrackBerry User

95 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Stereo ... in one ear? I was hoping to shut out all sound. But its good ... you've both given me a word I didn't know before ..."Multipoint". I've searched and I've got a few products. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Addict

780 Posts
    you probably aren't going to get it

The Motorola H10 does this, and actually includes instructions on how to do so in the documentation.
    Why was God able to create the world in 7 days? He didn't have an installed base!
    CrackBerry User

95 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Tiassa, thanks. You must mean the S10, but my instructions don't mention multipoint. I found that out on further reading online that the S10 has the Multipoint feature. I didn't know what that was before. I tried it out yesterday and proved that it did work, but not very well. That's the reason why I asked the question in the first place. But now I know it works and I know how to get around some of the idiosyncrasies, I'll persevere. I've discovered I must link it in a particular order. PlayBook first then 9600. I don't know if its the S10, the PlayBook or the Torch that's to blame, but that's how this threesome works.

I realised after reading about Multipoint, that there is a significant market for the single earpiece for streaming music. It must be a safety issue. I like to be absorbed in my own ambience. The noise and chatter around is too distracting. However I found good reviews for the Jawbone / Blueant type earpiece, but not a single good review for any stereo wraps. So I'm glad to discover my S10 has multipoint albeit in a half-baked fashion.